Fishing Creek Reservoir - Nitrolee report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by RiverratSC, May 13, 2007.

1. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Never heard of this lake.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    it is the area just below Fishing Creek Resevoir,the part you see crossing the bridge on Hwy 97

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    RRat

Nitrolee is the dam. Fishing Creek is the body of water. Real good fishing hole from what I hear. Haven't fished it much myself but hear it is the place for big green carp.:lol:

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    flopeye is correct,the dam is named Nitrolee,but the area he is talking about is below the dam,fishing creek resevoir is above dam,never fished in this area,but it looks awful good,especially for the stripers,and got to hold some descent cats also,i also hear the run of river up in stumpy pond has some good striper action below that dam

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like Stumpy Pond.

6. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Flopeye do u bank fish this area since there is no public landing.

7. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Bill, my God, man! We're supposed to share with our brothers and sisters, I know that. But I think I just may have to sacrifice you to the fish gods.

There is no such place as Nitrolee, regardless of what the maps say! There are no big fish in Nirolee.

Now, Bill, I've shared on all of my honey holes. Leave me one, please.

Thanks for all your posts, man.:wink:

8. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    You know, I used to live in that trailer across from the bridge for about eight years. Woke up to the sound of that running water and the sea gulls every morning. And that place is definitley a different body of water than any other I've ever fished. Took me a long time to learn how to fish it. After I learned it, caught more big cats there than anywhere. So shhhhhh! Don't tell anybody about the place.

And if anyone happens to be reading this, <tick, tock, tick, tock..> you are only dreaming....this is not real....go back to sleep.....there are no big fish in Nitrolee....just a dream...:still_dreaming:

9. Hoile

Hoile New Member

State:
    Shaw AFB, South Carolina
    You guys better watch out giving away all the hot spots. You may just be bad mouthing me one day for beating you to the spot! :big_smile:

10. hammercat

hammercat New Member

State:
    south carolina
    what!!! mike got a 57 pounder. did he take pictures if so send them to me. where was he at on the point where the 2 creeks come together r what.