Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Catawba catfish Club had out 5th Tournament of the year today on Fishing Creek Resivoir.This was out first tournament ever on Fishing Creek.We had 14 Boats and 30 anglers show up to test threir skills in tournament action for the first time on the lake.It turned out to be a very competitive tourney with Channel Cats being caught by most teams mixed with a few Blues and Bullheads.Conditions today were Hot,Hot and even Hotter at times when the wind stopped.In the end the one man Team of George Lindsay came out on top,neither Damon or Jarrett could make it today to fish with George so he tackled it by himself and won him a nice days pay.Team Total Chaos came in 2nd.
We would like to thank everyone for coming out and fishing today and trying out a new lake.We may keep it on the schedule for next year but the general thought from most of the experienced catmen was that it would make a heck of a lake to have a late fall ot winter tournament on so we will consider that when making out next years schedule.We didnt find the big blues today but they are in there and will continue to multiply for years to come.Thanks again for everyone showing up in the heat today.
Here is the rundown with Payouts:

1st.George Lindsay-3 fish total 25.09 and $300
2nd.Chad Catledge,Chase Catledge and Pappy-3 fish total 16.06 and $180
3rd.Jason Knight- 3 fish total 15.03 and $90
4th.Bruce Edmund,Chris Simpson and Randy Fox-3 fish Total 12.05
5th.Charles Stewart and Scott Barrett-3 fish total 12.00
6th.Michael Holmes-3 fish total 11.45
7th.Marty Green and Jeff Green-3 fish total 11.14
8th.Dale Sturgis and Nancy Sturgis-3 fish total 7.80
9th.Coy Robinson,Angela Robinson and Tony Cooper-3 fish total 7.07
10th.Buddy Cole,Donald Snipes and Johnny Woodward-3 fish total 6.02
11th.-Jacob Rabon,Will Patterson and Matt Rabon-1 fish total 3.03

Good job to all,Our next tournament will be on Lake Wateree on June 26th,it will be our first night tournament of the year.It will be a big draw and should be a good bite as well.Hope you all will make plans to attend.We have a had a big turnout so far of 38 boats,lets see if we can break the 40 boat mark at this one.

Just one other side note.if some of you are looking to prefish Wateree or wanna fish another tourney,keep the Carolina Catmen in mind,they will be having their next tourney on Wateree on June 5th.it will also be a night tourney.They are a big supporter of our tourneys and a great group of guys too,yall come out and give them a try and support their tournament trail.You can find all the info on their page here in the tourney section or on their website.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to add also that George also won the Big Fish Pot of $140 for a 14 lb 14 oz Blue.Conrats George on a fine win.$440 total is a good days pay anyday.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks Team Green for another great tourny! I had a great time fishing today, this was the first time I fished a tourny by myself. My cb radio decided it was'nt gonna work today so I had to talk to my self for 8hrs, I don't think thats very healthy LOL! I could hear what was being said they just could'nt hear me. After today I am ready for some night fishing it was just down right hot when the wind stopped. Already looking foward to the Wateree tourny!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff and I tried the anchoring first thing and that didnt pan out well at all,no bites,not even a nibble.We went to drifting and caught 22 fish the rest of the day,just couldnt luck into any decent ones,all of em was in the 2-3 lb range except for one that went about 5lbs,the fish were really scattered and we just never could find a good concentration of fish.Alot of teams caught big numbers of fish,just no size.George just proved that you only need 3 good bites t win one of these deals on any given day.I know from our experience yesterday bait size was important as well,about all of our fish came off of fairly small baits,the big baits hardly got touched.The head section of the baits seemed to work best.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks for everyone coming out to the tournament.Congratulations to George on the win,congrats to Team Total Choas on Second and Jason Knight on third,it was a tough day,but someone always seems to finds them.See everyone at Wateree next month.

·
Registered
305 Posts
congratulations to george on first place,and to chad and his team and to jason,on their good catches:worship:.and to marty and jeff another fine run tourney,we never even seen the lake before but decided to give it a shot.we caught fish anchored,and drifting but the drift bite seem to be a lot better,we had fun but it shore was HOT,hope to see yall on water june the 5th,for the catmen tourney

·
Registered
173 Posts
What a HOT day it was. We started out anchored on a deep ledge and that didnt produce any bites. So we started drifting and caught 15-20 fish. All were small. We did have one very nice fish come off at the boat:angry:, but thats the way it goes.
Thanks to Jeff and marty for another great tourney.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congrats to you George for the win. I hate I couldn't fish this one we already had plans to go out of town. I had been looking forward to this tournament all year. But you can bet that I will be at the next one.Also congrats to Chad and Jason on second and third.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Congrats to George, Chad and Jason on the good stringers. I strongly support another tournament on that lake in the late fall or winter. I think the bigger blues will be easier to catch as most will be in the lower, deeper part of the lake along with the baitfish. It seems to be an excellent and ideal drifting lake as they are not many snags, ledges, well defined channels and humps. Its kinda like a gradual sloping bowl shaped bottom. We found out closer to the end of the day that drifting is probably the best way to fish it. Look foward to goin back.

·
Registered
170 Posts
congrats george on a good catch, jason also. we love that place and fished it hard sat.we drifted and trolled all day and caught bunches and bunches of fish just couldnt get that big blue. i hope next year we fish it again, i just got home from the beach went right after the tourn. caught 6 flounder no keepers, all was 10 to 12 inches. ready for next tournament thanks marty and jeff see everyone on the water.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for all the congrats guys! Truth be known I did'nt do anything different than everyone else I just got lucky an got 2 good bites. Congrats to Chad and Jason on their good finishes! I hope that Jeff and Marty keep this tourny on the schedule for next year. I agree that Fishing Creek would probably be awsome in the winter or fall.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.