Fishing cove areas with boat docks for flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Fishermancat1, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    I fish at lake allatoona in Northern Georgia. I know of a cover area that has boat doc piers. Has anybody had any success catching flatheads where boating docs were near. I will be fishing at night so less distrurbence from boaters. thanks

:haha:

2. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No flathead are not caught under docks in coves often here in oklahoma mostly in the rivers but the channel cats and blues like coves.

3. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Last year We anchored at the head of a small cove. I casted one of our rods out and actually landed a bluegill on the boat dock. I popped it off and let it fall in the water. Right after dark I landed a 23lb flattie on that rod. We have some of our best luck on my local lake fishing around boat docks. I think it's mainly because so many bream are attracted to the big docks b/c of people feeding them and what not. Plus a lot of docks have brush sunk off the end of them. When i'm looking for a good fishing spot. If they are boat docks around I always consider it a plus!!! Also, refering to the coves. We do really well in coves during april and may. The flatheads seem to move in the back of coves in really shallow water. We can go all the way to the back of the coves in 6ft of water and wear em out. This time of year we dont have much luck in those spots though.

4. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    By the way, I fish Lake Hartwell with is on the border of Northeastern Georgia, so i'm not too far away from you.