fishing central ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tspergin, May 16, 2008.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Where is everybody fishing this weekend in central Ohio?

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'll be in Wellington, it's north instead of central though. Good luck to all this weekend. I hope the weather treats us nice.

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    With 50% chance of rain on Sat and 40% on Sunday .... WIll probably fish have to in my bath tub .... :smile2::eek:oooh::angry: Garry-

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    If nothing else I might try the backwaters again this weekend

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well i hope you have fun i got suckered into helping my sister in law move

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol doughboy,good luck

i will probably make my treck to deer creek again

7. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    ill be at knox lake tonight and pleasant hill tomorrow, i have to go to detroit sunday for school on monday :eek:oooh:

8. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Tony S and I met up at Dillon this morning ..... to try the backwaters for channel cats .... When Tony got to the damn they had just opened the spillway and the flow had things messed up where he could get almost no bait ... but he did manage to get a couple shad and a sheep head ....

At the backwaters Tony caught one channel the weighed about 4# and I caught a 8 to 10 pound carp .... Now this is where the fun began ... I already had the channel on a metal stringer tied to a small rope ... I got the carp fastened onto the stringer and when I put them back into the water the end of the metal stringer broke ... and the two fish swam off together .... I hope the two of them are happy together ... :confused2: Now the really strange thing is that I was using a small shad about 6 inches long with the tail fin cut off ... how this Bugle-mouthed Bass ingested this fish .... I will never know ... I was also using an 8/0 Octopus hook ..... Then the rains came ...... Garry- :eek:oooh:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I wish I could come up and fish with you all. Before you know it(hopefully 1-4 months or sooner!), I'll be back after those kitties!:wink:

Sorry about the stringer and fish Garry!:confused2:

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    John ... I know how much it hurts you not to able to fish like you would like ... but please look to future and take care of yourself today .... it will come and then you will have that little bit of piece you are looking for being on the water ..... Garry- :wink:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks Garry!
    I went last night with Firechief4201 and Junior42 and just watched, didn't take poles or nothing. It was hard but it got me out of this dang house. I'm not gonna fish at all until the Neurosurgeon clears me to do so. Like Danny(Firechief4201) said one wrong move fishing could be my last trip ever, Its not worth that.
    Thanks Buddy for the post and concern!!!:wink::big_smile:

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Tony .... I went back and checked the charts that are available for this week and it appears that when they open the gates at the spillway at Dillon ... they do so at 8:00 AM .... So I guess if we want to get bait more easily we should go no later than 7:30 AM .... Just a thought to keep in mind for anyone getting bait at Dillon spillway ......... Garry- :eek:oooh:

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck to everyone going fishing. Say your prayers and maybe the weather will hold off. Wish I could be there