Fishing central ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tspergin, Oct 13, 2007.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Where is everybody fishing this weekend in Ohio

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    not sure yet, i wasn't gonna get to go, but might be able to get a late start...if i do go im heading to the river! rollo

3. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im gonna do some bank fishing on the ohio river tonight hopfully, see what i can do for some bait. i think im gonna go somewhere in the cleves area

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Josh had a good time fishing with you and Nick last night.Wouldnt even mind fishing that same spot next week if we can hit it earlier.It was great meeting you guys.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    did you guys catch any fish? lol:smile2:

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ed i had a great time whenever you want to go again. let me know i will try to go. Rollo man we fished for a pretty long while from the bank on the ohio. had chubs goldfish live and dead bluegill one guy ever brought night crawlers. we had probly 2 good runs one had my buddy nice ran into a snag soon as he set the hook his line snapped. then the other was just little hits never commited to it.

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    At least you guys got out for a while.:wink:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    caught a few flats last night tony. gonna fish this weekend as well.. just thought i would help your thread.....so is anyone fishing this weekend of the 20th.? water is clear and they are finicky!! rollo

9. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    hoping to get back from lake Erie on sat soon enough to try to get out sat or sunday

10. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i got out last night to a new spot on the GMR fished for about 4-5 hours got a few nice runs only got one fish and a turttle.fishing with chubs and i had 2 little bluegill. caught a 17# flat on a 1 1/2in long gill hopefully this rain in ohio will bring these river back up a bit the fish are gonna start hitting i would say. I will be back out either tonight or tomorrow night to see what i can do again

11. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    going out of town with the guy 4guys an 2 boats.my last trip was a nite mare on salt fork.will keep you all posted.
    tony,
    was uot last night .
    todd got 2 .
    i was happy being next man.
    chubs work again.

12. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    went to newport ramp.
    3 flats 1 channel.
    out till 3.
    was a fun trip.an safe!

13. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Got out awhile today with loanwizard and we did pretty well got several nice channels drifting dillon

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    glad u all did well this weekend...:eek:oooh: rollo

15. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I Dont know where to fish! Cold water has come and i dont know where i can fish deeper holes because i can only bank fish! This time of the year has always been a hole in my side cause property owners dont want me there. Because they think i will trash the place by leaving garbage around the fishing sight. Even though i always clean up the sight before i leave whether its my trash or not. They dont care! They always think i am like the trashers who come and leave all there garbage Any Help!

16. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    The way to get permission to fish a property is to think like a landowner. Go visit them without poles in hand. Tell them that you are a sportsman and that it sickens you the way some idiots ruin it for the rest of us. Tell them that you would love to fish their property but that you are a person that does not expect something for nothing. I have offered to lease a spot, to clean an area up before requesting permission, etc... Be creative but most of all remember your manners. Most of us have seen all the idiot smart a$$es we need. A person of manners is refreshing.

Jack and I got permission to fish 2 properties simply by settin on the front lawn with the man and his wife.

I am a used car dealer that lives in town. If I can use my manners to get permission from a farmer, so can you.

Good Luck and remember, it's your attitude that determines your altitude.

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Something else to note if you do garner that coveted permission. If you go and ask by yourself, don't come back the 3rd or 4th time with all your friends. If you and a buddy plan on fishing, both of you should go to ask. Then just do what you said you would, and don't bring in extra friends that could jeopardize the trust you took so much time to develop. I always make it a point to contact the landowner before I fish each time, that way he knows I'm coming even though I have permission. Its just common courtesy to stop by the house and talk for a bit, ask if he would like a few fillets if you do good or what not. You would be suprised what a little common sense and thoughtfulness can do for you.

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, i think you should look for a boat personally. i doesn't have to be anything elaborate either. i bought a 14ft. jon boat for 150 buckets..sure it is old and used, but floats and will get me from point a to b when needed. i think unless you have access from landowners, and numerous places for you to fish, you aren't gonna be as versatile as someone that has a boat. i understand you being upset, but find it hard to believe that all landowners won't allow you to fish, or be on their properties. sure as conditons change throughout the year and fish move to different areas you would be at a disadvantage fishing limited areas from the bank, but...if you are as serious about fishing as i am, you will find a better way to get em!!! Build a raft!!! lol goodluck, and keep asking!...rollo