fishing carts

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by bw69r, Mar 18, 2009.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    anyone ever use a cart like the ones the salwater guys use to lug their tackle around and that have rod holders attached to them. what is a good one and where do you get them.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't have one, but I have seen them. Mostly people make their own. Your imagination is your limit I think

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    BassPro has one brand, but there are others. A google search should turn them up.

They all have one thing in common: $$$$$$$$$$$$

If I needed such a critter, I would build my own, not because of the cost, but because I think I could build a better mousetrap. Every one I've seen seems to have been designed to roll over either deep sand or hard, prepared surfaces, like piers. Lakeshores and river banks present different problems, and require different solutions.

If you decide to diy, I have some thoughts on design.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I am going to make one for fishin here in town and below big dams. I have a few ideas but nothin concrete yet.
    I am leanin towards a tricked out dolly. Just somethin to hold 5 or 6 rods, a cooler, and tackle.
    When I make it I will post pics.

5. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I made one out of a garden cart I bought from Lowe's. I have pictures of it in the rod holders section. I use it at the lake and at the river. It works pretty well.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Over the years, I have become restricted with my walking, and use my mountain bike to go away from the RV to fish when I'm not in my boat. I have a pole receiver setup on the front of the bike, and then carry my gear in a back pack...... A while back, I found a "runners type" stroller, and have plans to use it..... can carry a small ice chest, moves about real well on the three wheels, should be able to negotiate ups and down on the bank of rivers real well....That is ....if my quad is not with me.....

Bayrunner Ray

7. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I bought a two seater baby stroller for 5 bucks at a garage sale, and striped everything off of it. Its big enough for a large cooler, rods, tackle box, bait bucket, and a couple of beach bags my wife has to have. We use it mainly for hauling stuff from the marina parking lot to the boat slip, but it works good on the river bank too, if its not too sandy.

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    When I lived in Chicago we had a laundry cart to move all the necesities for a fishing trip. All you need is to put some rod holders on it.
    I don't have the cart now but I do have a fishing bucket, I put two pvc pipes on the sides to use as rod holders and a hook on the fron to tie my stringer on, I just fill it with water if I want to put the fish in there or rocks if the area is not flat enough and use the hook for the stringer.

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Well, I threw somethin together. I have a few more ideas to try but its mostly done.
    I had an old dolly so I used that. I also had some left over camo paint so I gave it a paint job.:smile2: Thats not quite done.
    I put a piece to hold the rods at the top and that is about it.:wink:
    Ive got 6 rods on it, my tackle bag, a cooler for bait and a cooler for snacks, 2 lawn chairs and a dip net.
    I could lose a cooler and add a bait bucket if I am useing live bait.
    Its gonna be nice. I like to move when I am fishin, especially when I am after channels. This is gonna make that easy and more enjoyable.

Attached Files:

10. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Looks good. More time fishing and less trips to the truck.:cool2: