fishing cart

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by westvirginiacatfish, Feb 18, 2009.

1. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Well I don't have a boat yet so I'm limited to bank fishing. Well the other day I was thinking how to haul all my gear around and not have to make fifty trips back and fourth to the truck. Some spots are not accessible by vehicle. So this is what I come up with. Should be able to my cooler, tackle boxes, bait buckets, and anything else I need in there. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I could add feel free to do so. Thanks for Looking.:wink:

Attached Files:

2. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    look like it could do the job cool looking to:smile2::cool2:

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I would get a large dog that's broke to harness.:wink:

Nice setup you got there.

4. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    I thought that's what kids were for L.O.L:smile2::smile2: Thanks

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I like it. I have been wanting to make one for awhile, just waiting to find a good cart.
    Where did you get your's from?​

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Great looking cart for relatively smooth surfaces. For rougher places, try using a 2 wheel dolly.

7. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    Thank you. I got the cart from Lowe's for $99.96 but if you shop around you might be able to find one cheaper.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Got one just like it, except mine is a little red wagon. I bought it about 6 years ago to get a trolling motor and battery to the waters edge. It sure saves all the extra steps. Got mine at Walmarts, but have seen the same thing at Home Depot, Lowes, and Tractor Supply stores. Ran about 65.00 then. But heck, whats my back worth LOL

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    AwShucks, you gotta point.:smile2: Cant put a price on something that makes life a little easier and less painful.:wink:
    I am wanting to make one for bank fishing my river here. It pays to move and move often sometimes and I HATE packing everything up to move 100 yards.
    Plus it will allow me to take more comforts along with me. Most times I travel light to avoid carrying everything, sacrificing comfort.
    Patience is easier to achieve when you are comfortable.:smile2:

10. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Nice looking cart. I came up with one a few years back ( not as nice as yours ) and they work pretty good. Does save a lot of extra steps. The only thing I would add if it doesn't have already is some type of wheel chock or brake. Uneven ground or a good hit might get it to rolling around some. Just a thought. Not sure how you attached your rod holders....... I attached mine with plastic wire ties, just drilled a couple of holes in my pvc. They hold really well.

:cool2:

11. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    Thank you. Glad you said something I never thought about a breaking system . I used some machine screws, washers, and nuts to attach the pvc pipe. I'll post some more pictures soon. Got to give it a better paint job. I'm thinking camo.:cool2::smile2::wink:

12. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    You might want to consider a mounting a cutting board.

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i use a cart that has the two big wheels in back and the smaller ones in front,its taller then yours but not as long.Man those things are life savers for sure,you can carry more stuff and not have to make a hundred trips to the truck to get everything.

14. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    nice wheels

15. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    I'm going to the store tomorrow for some cup holders. thanks for the idea of a cutting board I'll have to pick one of those up also.:cool2:

16. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Nice little wagon. Definietly great for easily accessable areas. Especially nice campground facilities. Hope you get a lot of use out of it.
    Next I thought.......I live in WV and so do you. If you fished the places I have, that toy would have been riding you right into the water and used you for bait. Just a chuckle thought. I've fished places in this State that the only thing you could use to transport equipment was a Mountian Goat.
    I got so tired of totting stuff. I bought a BOAT :eek:oooh:

That brings to mind another question that I think I'll go post in the local WV board as a new topic.