Fishing Buddy

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by HRCats, Jul 23, 2006.

1. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Took my daughter Maygen to the Hocking last night. River was up about a foot. I caught one channel that weighed around 5lbs on cut gill. She caught this dink channel and a sheephead not much bigger. There was some carp in the shallows and she wanted to try to catch one. So she threw a crawler out in front of them and waited a couple minutes. Her pole started bouncing a little and she grabbed it. Hooked into a carp that might've went 12 to 15 lbs. She fought it for about a minute before it snapped her line. She got mad and says she wants a bigger setup with heavier line so that she can catch those big fish. She always lets me know that she has outfished me even tho my one was alot bigger than the two she caught.

Attached Files:

2. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Uhh Oh you have got her hooked now!!

thanks for sharing the story and the pics!

Josh

3. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Well dad the writing is on the wall! Time to get all the way down in that back pocket and pony up that well deserved "big rig". Defeat at the scales of a carp..unthinkable. Hopefully no permanent damage done. What a wonderful memory. Thank You for sharing!
    Don

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good deal Roger. !!!!! :big_smile:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now theres a memory for her and you! LOL!

6. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That's what it is all about, good times that will not be forgotten with family, and friends! Thanks for the post. Good fishin', Jack.

7. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    You have a beautiful little girl! I love taking my 9yr old daughter with me. Keep up the good work!

8. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Time for a big Penn Reel and Gator Rod. She'll want to get into tournies next.

9. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    :big_smile:

Boog has been outfishing me pretty consistent lately. But really, I have to say I love watchin' him catch a fish, just like I'm sure you feel when your little buddy catches one.

Life is good brother!!!! Thanks for sharing.

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    so what are you waiting for... go get that girl some bigger line and a pole.lol.
    thanx for sharing

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    thats great koodos for taking the little one fishing

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Get that young lady a big outfit! She's ready to catch some big 'uns!:big_smile: I have 4 daughters and they often can outfish me. Girls seem to have that certain touch, I can't quite describe it but the fish always seem to bypass my bait and go straight to theirs!:roll_eyes:

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Teach her how to catch bait Roger, I am sure she would love that..Heck she could probably throw a castnet better than Mellon now.

14. CFH

CFH New Member

State:
    Alabama
    hrcats,great story and some good memories.