fishing buddies

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ga2oh, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    who is your fishing buddy and What would you do if you lost your fishing buddy? I ask because i almost lost mine on apirl 10th of this year. Mine is my oldest boy, he's 8. after the dust settled, and I realized he will be fine eventually. I started to think about some of the things we did together. Such as our late night fishing trips. I now had to figure out where we would be able to go since he'll be in a chair for the next month or two. He and I have found a few good spots to try out this year. I got to thinking that I'm usaully reading people say how they caught this big cat. every now and then they say how their buddy did. So I feel it's time to give thanks to our fishing buddies. The poeple thet put up with us, and our lies.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    My fishing buddy is the Ohio hilljack and of course my wife. Couldn't find any better.

3. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    369412492_l.jpg

This is my best fishing buddy. I got a few friends I love to fish with but I work Monday-Friday and we have opposite schedules so it is tough. I like to take my dad out fishing to but he is hard to motivate.

4. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    That's really cool, my son is my fishing buddy also.

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Ive got a couple fishing buddys per say but My best would have to be old Catfishjohn! Hes a good guy to talk to and we give each other crap :crazy::big_smile: Thats what buddys are for!:smile2: Hes kinda incopassitated right now but he will be back in action before long, and we will be back on the bank giving each other greif!!!:eek:oooh::wink::big_smile:

6. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    I met a guy and his wife about 2 weeks ago and have been fishing with them almost every night so i guess they are my fishing buddies. I think they like me they are fun to fish with and i think they enjoy my sense of humor.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yep, I agree 100%. Crab is a he!! of a Great Guy!!! I've learned so much from him on multispecies fishing, also even some on Cattin' and he's also a Great Fisherman and a Great Guy!!
    Once I get these health problems fixed up or am able to get out we'll be hitting the river or lakes soon I hope!!! Were always giving each other crap but its all in fun!!! Even though he's a Butthead!!!:tounge_out::smile2::wink:

Another few buddies that I've met and fished with are ryang, Firechief4201, Junior42, Firechief4201's Wife Roof99, Fishhook, His Wife and RamRod & Tspergin. Gotta watch out for Danny(Firechief4201) he's an a$$hole.....:roll_eyes::crazy::eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink::smile2:

I've met several others and talk to a few on the phone a few times a week but haven't had the pleasure of fishing with them yet!!!:wink:

I hope to meet and fish with a lot more members when/if I'm able to get back out again!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

8. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Generally fish with my dad and you're right cant imagine fishing without my fishing partner sounds like your son will be okay from whatever accident he was involved in so my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for his speedy recovery.

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    think i have lost my cattin buddy, at least for awhile anyway. he is working two jobs nowand can't get out til around july. were supposed to fish this weekend but he hasn't called and i can't get a hold of him. looks like i am on my own for awhile.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    my 6 year old son is getting into it with me now,and also my brother

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would have to say Tony(tspergin) and my son when he wants to go.

12. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    My sons because they teach me something every time out.:smile2: And my daughter is starting to go now also.

13. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Would have to be my buddy Tom. We went to school together 30 years ago and started hunting and fishing then and still do both still. I missed 3 years of deer hunting and fishing while in the army and stationed in Germany. The other 27 years most weekends you find us at each others places fishing or hunting.

14. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    Besides my 8yr. old our newest fishing buddy is my 4yr. old. He's great at catching my bait. :big_smile: Now the three of us go out fishing together.

15. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wish i had a reliable fishing partner. A couple of my friends go but of course they dont have any hooks or sinkers. Still looking for someone to go cattin with.

16. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    David if you would give somebody you location,you would probably meet a lot of new people who would be glad to fish with you.,Just being from Ohio makes it rough

17. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im in Shadyside Ohio. Right along the Ohio River across from Wheeling WV. about 25minutes south of Steubenville. Im ready to go fishing 24-7. If anyone would like to meet up and go fishing sometime just send me a PM.:big_smile:

18. Vukhufu

Vukhufu New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My best fishing buddy has always been my older brother, when he has time. Which, sadly, isnt very often. He doesnt like my 12+ hour expeditions. He's more of a 4 hour fisherman. Besides him, all my other fishin "buddies" show up at the party with hook in mouth!

19. bigbengal

bigbengal New Member

State:
    WV
    I have been fishin with my buddy since we were old enough to walk to the creek together and catch red eye bass. He is not my blood brother but we are close enough and he can always be counted on.

20. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    My fishin buddy goes to my son, BigcatjakeJr. I can not imagine losing him.