Fishing Buddies

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by mech2006, Aug 6, 2009.

1. mech2006

mech2006 New Member

State:
    Silex, MO
    Looking for guys/gals that fish the kaskaskia, mississippi or Missouri river not too far from Downtown STL, or IL. I like to go fishing after work and on weekends but dont know many people that have their own gear. I have a 16' jon boat so it doesnt matter if you have one or not.:cool2: If anyone is interested, crazytru02 at yahoo.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Lots of guys and gals on the site from your area. Welcome to the BOC.

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Truman. I am sure you will find some people to fish with on here. Good luck

4. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    I have been fishing below Mel Price lock alot lately if you want i can give you some pointers for up that way

5. mech2006

mech2006 New Member

State:
    Silex, MO
    Yeah, Where and which side of the river do you put the boat in the water? What the best place to fish there and how much line will i need to sink my 20lb anchor?

6. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    first thing this is heavy current you will need a grabber stile anchor not a bell 100feet of rope or more i put in at Columbia bottoms and run to Alton fish the Missouri side just below the power line four balls out it is Orange on the power line do you have a fish finder so you are not fishing blind

7. mech2006

mech2006 New Member

State:
    Silex, MO
    Gotcha, I put in there just last week and tried near the wing dikes, got bites but really didnt stay long enough. Never ventured up near the Mississippi.. guess Ill have to get more anchor rope... I guess my 25ft rope wont cut it. I have a 25hp Jon boat... how will that do with strong current?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  8. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    your boat and motor are fine but it is 35 to 50 feet up that way

9. mech2006

mech2006 New Member

State:
    Silex, MO
    So what kind of bait and hooks are you using? I have a bowl of cut skip jack that I bought about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Went near the chain of rocks canal and had some Asian carp jump in the boat so I cut that up too.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Truman Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a25::0a23:

11. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    always looking for someone to fish with man. I aint got a boat. i got a decent set of tackle and poles and go quite frequently. I got up North alot as well Columbia bottoms and such. I typically fish from land at the missouri hill home. I know of a few decent spots, where I have had good bites. still only caught the one 3 lber flathead, without a fish finder and witht he fish just now comig off of spawn i picked the wrong time to start. I typically only go on the weekends, but I could be persuaded to get out during the week.

Fishing by yourself, sux. At least to me. Feel free to PM me and let me know.
    Michael

12. mech2006

mech2006 New Member

State:
    Silex, MO
    yeah just send me an email, i dont have enough posts to send a PM. Today Im heading out with my uncle. Might go Saturday after hunting early in the morning for squirrel.

13. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    i use a three way rig with a Gamakatsu 9/0 Octopus hook and a 8 ounce sinker and cut bait

14. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Truman, go to "new posts" and look for threads that are from new members. go say welcome to the BOC and such to get to yer 10 posts. yer 1/2 way there already.

BTW........ WELCOME TO THE BOC !! :big_smile:

15. mech2006

mech2006 New Member

State:
    Silex, MO
    Thanks, Ill be off work in 30 min, need to run by bass pro and get some larger hooks since walmart doesnt have that big of size where I live then off to the river.

16. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good bunch of guys here. Look up the MaddCatter good fishing buddy to have. Most of em use octo j hooks 4/0 tp 10/0 and circle hooks the same size. If you need advice on gear just ask. I use offshoreangler power plus rods 10 ft but Bass pro has em in 9 and 8 for 20 bucks. I use Diawa em cast 5000 spinnen reels they runn about 75 bucks from BP and 25 lb mono. Most of these guys use bait casters like penns and abu reels. I even got a ol penn 309 I fish with from time to time. Look up skipeye to the guy is great and can help ya out. Dont worry just ask around guys will get ya on fish.

17. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    did someone say my name?....lol

welcome to the brotherhood man. if hogs are what you seek, you have just taken a step in the right direction by joining up here.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  18. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    welcome to the boc,truman.good luck on sticking a pig.

19. mech2006

mech2006 New Member

State:
    Silex, MO
    Put in at columbia bottoms today and rode up to the dam in alton... i got a bite and thats about it. Was using Asian carp, they didnt touch the skip jack...:confused2: I must be doing something wrong. Anyways, if you guys head out let me know, would like to tag my boat along and pick up some pointers. Might actually go out tomorrow night late and fish. Any good places to put the boat in where I dont have to travel too far? (since itll be dark, i have a spot light just rather not get too far out.)

20. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I aint got a boat, but I'll be out on the bank early Sat. Am up that way.