fishing Buckeye Lake with Retired to fish

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tspergin, May 29, 2008.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Got to the lake around 7:00am and fished untill late afternoon,we caught 17 real nice channels and had a good time being on the water and enjoying the company of a BOC brother,.Thanks gary we will do it again soon

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    It was a fun day fishing with Tony .... but then it always is .... the only problem we really had was the wind kept dying and were spent a lot of time counting the hairs on the legs of horse flies ... :wink: I just finished cleaning the fish at 8:30 ... All channels and we had a total wieght of a little over 40 pounds nearest I can figure. For those of you that leep saying "NO FISH IN BUCKEYE" ... all I can say is ... Hmmmmmmm!.

When we started fishing the water temp was 64.1 degrees ... when we left the water about 5:15 it was 71.2 degrees. I don't know how hot it got today, but my neighbor took one look at me and called me Tonto ... Yes, VERY red.

We were using strictly cut bait .... Bluegill and shad and the Bluegill worked the best. We had a lot of hits and runs that didn't end with fish being caught.

Photo below ( yes there is only 16 in the photo ... threw one back in a moment of weakness :wink:)
    It was a great day ....... Garry- :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

3. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the cats, Buckeye has skunked me every time I go up there.

I hold my tongue wrong or something:tounge_out:

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Thanks Dave .... I have had the same problem fishing Buckeye from the bank and even at times from a boat .... Tony has turned me on to drift fishing for them and it has paid off .... except when there is no wind ... It was like the dog days of August at times today ........ Garry-

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the nice mess of fish guys

6. tomh

tomh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like you two had a good day. Glad to read you may have your motor fixed Garry.

I have no cats to report for yesterday as I muskie fished Salt Fork. Got one casting, 31", and lost one about same size at the boat. Buddy go 5 casting and lost one at boat. Super casting day at Salty. Know of 3 others caught and released there in the evening.

Tony did you give my number to that fellow that has that rod for sale?

Tomh