Fishing Blythe

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by wildman2121, Aug 20, 2008.

1. wildman2121

wildman2121 New Member

State:
    california
    What's fishing like in Blythe in early October?

2. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Fishing Bylth in October the days are a little cooler and the nights are colder and as far as the fishing I am really not sure what to tell you it all has to do with what the water Temp is. Sometimes we do get a few flatheads and other times we get a few channel cats and sometimes we are just going for a boat ride. The best way to learn to fish the river is to make as many trips as you can all year long and fish any were that looks good to you. I first stared fishing the river in 1964, I have fished from Parker Dam all the way south to Yuma and everytime I go I learn something new. You are more that welcome to come down and fish when Dale ( Riverbud) and I are there and we will help you with what we can. I hate to say this but you won't learn to fish the river looking at this screen, you have to get your line in the water. Yes you will pick up a lot of good info on hear, so learn what you can and head for the river. Hope to see you at the river. Billy Jo
    PS. sometimes dale and I well be down there 2 times a month and some times dale will be there every weekend.

3. Angieaz

Angieaz New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    Thanks for the great info.

4. wildman2121

wildman2121 New Member

State:
    california
    Thanks for the information. I'll see you at the river.

5. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    Billy jo,
    Thats spot on.I first started reading Dales(riverbuds)reports 2 years ago and it got the fire lite under my butt to just get out and get on the river.That first trip I ran into Dale on the water,real nice guy and very helpfull.My first 3 days and nights out there were the ruffest but thats how you learn.I have never been on Dales boat but he really helped me get into the flathead fever on the big river.

6. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey woodchucker you sure must a been lookn in the right spots cuz ya got us beat by having the biggest Colorado River flat of anybody here on the Boc I know of , its for sure a live and learn'

Taken out of here in about 20 min and be at the river in time for maken bait and getting the boat in the water for nite of fishing before the crowds:wink: be there for 12+ days

7. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    Thanks Dale,
    That fish was and is a fish of a lifetime.I knew that as soon as I seen it.I set a life goal of landing a flathead over 40lbs,and to actually see and touch a 66 was almost beyond words.
    Good luck out there,I hope you get on a fish of a lifetime too.You have put more time in on the river and helped more people than anyone else.Ill admitt you even helped put me on my pb flat,but I put her back for ya.

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey billy, not sure if i want to shoot you or shake your hand. that fish is a monster for out here. my PB for colorado river water is 46 and hoping for a 50 now.
    gary

9. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    Hey gary,
    I was acually gonna meet up with you one trip about 4 years ago on the Alamo river in Imperial valley.Im pretty sure we were one street/canal away from eachother.This was on sdfish.I havent been back to the Alamo since I started fishing the blythe and palo verde areas in the boat.Its nice to be able to take some fish home for the frying pan.
    Heres one of the bigger fish I landed from the alamo @ 30lbs
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/woodchucker/100_1523.jpg?t=1220038202

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i remember that trip. was so mad cause YOU weren't where you said to meet. :smile2: good to see you again. what do you think of this site? i love it. much better than than what the old one we were on turned into. :angry:
    you ever fish down around yuma? we need to hook up sometime. right now, i'm busy with my folks in idaho. long story tell you about over a beer.
    gary

11. wildman2121

wildman2121 New Member

State:
    california
    Gary,

How are you doing. I haven't heard from you in two years. How's everything in Arizona? When are you going to invite me down to go fishing?

12. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey andre, has been awhile. the last few yrs i've been kinda busy. the last has just been hectic. i've spent close to 8 months or so in idaho. my dad is dying of terminal cancer. fact gotta fly up again soon as i get a transmission replaced if not sooner.
    after that settles, i'll be back to kinda normal in awhile and will contact you. hadn't forgotten you. just in at out here constantly.
    probably a few more months then back home to try and settle down again. still got my e-mail? use it, or pm me.
    gary

13. wildman2121

wildman2121 New Member

State:
    california
    Sorry, to hear about your dad. I will PM.