Fishing below Saverton dam 5/26/07

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by STICKBENDER, May 27, 2007.

1. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    went to Saverton dam yesterday saw one boat catting and was wondering if you had any luck ?????? We didn't fish much, struggled getting bait, had some frozen skippy which are next to nothing. Caught 1 drum , and got completely soaked in downpour.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hard to believe you had trouble getting bait up at Saverton.Thier usually in that area by the schools. Am thinking about going up there today but I'll be bank fishing on the Mo side there at the boat ramp.Got some frozen shad I got yesterday ,Frozen in ice so may have to see how that works.Like you all I got yesterday was my clothes washed ,soaked to the bone and one large Drum. And about 20 -4" shad down a off shoot of the river.Best place I found to get bait.

3. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Never fish this area much, was thinking the lower we fished we might get into more big blues, haven't had to good of luck up at Hannibal with blues so thought we would try and learn more about Saverton. John do you get your bait at Saverton in lock area? shad or skip jack?

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't have a boat myself but last year when lucky enough to get to go out in a boat I saw most of them over around the rocks on the Il side. Thats shad now. Haven't caught any skipjacks but thier in there. If you really want to learn about Saverton Dam area get in touch with Hannibal Mike.I think he nows that area like the back of his hand.If you was fishing up by the tailwaters by the dam I'm surprised you didn't hook into a big Blue.Thier in there for sure.