Fishing below Quartz Mtn. Dam

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jlingle, Jun 17, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I took my 5 year old son out this morning below the dam at Quartz Mountain Lake. We absolutely slaughtered the sandbass & hybrids on minnows. I ain't talking about little fish either, they were all at least a pound. My son also caught 3 herring as well.... or skipjack... or something. They kept hitting his minnows. Acrobatic little rascals and he thought they were great fun. On another sidenote: we also caught and released 3 stripers below the dam. I only throw this in, because Texoma is the only lake in our watershed that has stripers, so those bad boys had to travel about 200 miles or more to get to our dam. My son caught one striper that was about 20" & would probably go around 5 or 6 pounds. Nice fish.

BTW, we fished the spillway side, not the floodgate side. It's a heckuva walk from the golfcourse, but it's well worth it. The fish were even schooling on top every now and then. There were people on the otherside pointing at us every so often. Probably sniveling because we were catching fish & they weren't.:cool2: He he he. Jaden was a trooper, walked all the way to the dam, carrying our 3 fishing poles & never complained once. He reeled in probably 30 fish today. I think he was getting tired. Lucky for us, a buddy of mine snuck down there during his round of golf and gave us a ride back in his cart.:big_smile: That beat the heck out of another long walk.

Anyway, that's the scoop.

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Sounds like a heck of a fun day to spend for father and son.

3. okie gal

okie gal New Member

State:
    Okla. City
    I agree! What better way to spend Father's Day than fishing with your son. I bet he will be ready to go again real soon!

Okie gal

4. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    WHERE WAS YOUR DAUGHTER DURING ALL THE FUN. WE HAD ANOTHER HOG GET OUT YESTERDAY AND GUESS WHAT, THIS ONE ACTUALLY RAN A WAYS. MY PUPS BEAT MISSY TO IT. IT WAS TONS OF FUN.