Fishing below blewett falls dam in North Carolina

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by PEE DEE RIVER RAT, May 2, 2006.

1. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

PEE DEE RIVER RAT New Member

you guys interested in the pee dee river below blewett falls lake.. i fish the lake and below the dam.. we have not had no substantial rain fall this spring .. so a lot of the fish that are usually up at the base of the dam arent there.. not saying there arent no fish there ..they are fish up but not like in the past when we get a lot of rain in the spring.. they really come up to the dam .. that extra oxygen in the water when the dam is spilling a lot of water makes the fishing really good. also ther is a boat landing on the richmond side right below the dam. unles you have a really small boat you can only get in when they are generating water .. be careful really rocky.. espically 1 mile from the hydro plant.. any questions you guys have feel free to ask..

2. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I heard they are really tearing them up below the dam the last week or so. I would like to go try it out but I know how many rocks are there just waiting on me to bump into them.

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    How about bank fishing there?? I have a fiberglass boat and it ain't going into that water.

4. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

PEE DEE RIVER RAT New Member

hey dick..

yes there is some good fishing off the wall at the hydro.. they built a walkway across the back of the hydro for people to fish off of..this is on the anson side ..you will be coming from hwy 74 turn at scottys bait and tackle and keep straight and you will run into the parking lot for the fisherman.. the morning bite is usually good there..as long as they are pulling water though the turbines the fishing is pretty good .. or you can fish off the bank there they have places up and down the bank.. if they are pulling water and plan to fish off the bank a 4 ouce sinker is recomeded.. or you can use less.. just what you perfer.. usually may is the best month up there.. what i do is put my boat in on the richmond side and go a little down from the hydro and catch those cats coming up river for all that bait that is cut up in the turbines.. ..also have a little flat platform to throw your castnet and catch some shad..

well good luck and if you need any more info let me know if i can help

alan in rockingham ..

5. cattmatt_Nc

cattmatt_Nc New Member

State:
    north carolina
    do you fish in the lake much? do you just have an email adress that i can email u to so i dont have to try and get 10 post?

6. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We fish under the Hwy 74 bridge-they are 30' holes there.Good summer fishing.The are several boat ramps(private) between the bridge and dam,however you have to be on the who's who list to launch at them.