Fishing Below Bagnell Dam Saturday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Seth, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Three of us caught between 30-40 blue and channel cats drifting cut shad from the yellow line at the dam down to about 100 yards past the boat ramp. Shad were absolutely everywhere so we had all the bait we needed for the entire day after a few throws.

We brought home about 20 fish between 1-4 pounds to throw is a buddies pond. We didn't see any big fish caught today, just lots of good eaters.

Everybody that we seen fishing up there today caught a bunch of fish also.

Does anybody else on this board ever fish Bagnell and catch anything decent? I prefer Truman for size of fish, but it is also an hour farther drive for me so the gas bill is always a lot higher. :embarassed:

2. Fishy G

Fishy G New Member

State:
    Raytown, Missouri
    I also fished below Bagnell Saturday, but from the bank. I brought in a few small ones and a couple of gar. this was my first time down there it looks great but there's no place like below Truman. Maybe its the cotainment versus the river?

3. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    I FISH DOWN THERE FROMNTIME TO TIME AND CATCH SOME PRETTY GOOD FISH BUT YOU GOT TO GO QUITE A WAYS DOWN RIVER . THERE ARE SOME GOOD HOLES DOWN A FEW MILES BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A JET TO GET DOWN THERE .

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    The farthest that we fished down to was the big piece of concrete that sticks up from the back by the golf course. We didn't catch anything down that far bottom bouncing. We were mostly down there to try and find a school of carp to try and shoot with the bows but never did.

I've been wanting to go down river and try a few of the deep holes that we normally snag spoonbill out of in the spring and try catfishing. There is one pretty deep hole that looks like it could be good by the Catrock Campground. It is pretty shallow all the way down through there and then drops off pretty deep with a lot of brush on the one bank side. My buddies dad snagged a big flathead there while spoonbilling years ago in that hole.