Fishing been slow the last 2 weeks or so

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by xposedguts, Sep 24, 2007.

1. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man the fishing has been slow here the last two weeks or more i go out half or all day and dont get a single cat, using the same methods i always have had success with from chicken livers, bluegill, and dip bait. Its like this on the river and lake:confused2:. Anyway just ranting I guess, perhaps ill try some of them neighborhood ponds in the evenings.

2. Rhinocat

Rhinocat New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    try crawlers or something like that. are you fishing deper holes than normal?

sometimes you need to find the fish or fish with patients. do you jump around alot? maybe if so . fish longer..

they will come..

later.

3. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Are cats sometimes just not in feeding mode, i had my pole out with dip bait on a pretty swift river. I was standing on a bridge and over the time i saw 3 or 4 cats making their way up river and they didnt touch the bait:sad2:. It was clear water and they were big too:crazy:

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I'm not sure what it is,but I have been going through the same thing around here. :sad2:

5. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    gah i keep going out and geting nothing the last few weeks, again tonight. I read in a book channel cat season slows down in september, and that in oct. you can catch em but its harder. Its my first season but during the hot summer months i was catchin em great. Perhaps the seasons over for me i guess, i look forward to starting up again once it gets warm.

6. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't know for a fact but I think there is a fall feeding frenzy for channels. It may be for flats though. Does anyone else know of this.

7. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    hmm, the guy at the bait shop told me the flats were making their way up river...perhaps ill catch some sunfish and try them out today for bait

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive been catching nice size channels with beef liver and nightcrawlers almost right next to the bank around here.Something to try anyway,just thought id pass along whats working around here.