Fishing AZ in late Feb-March

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by shovelheadstalker, Feb 16, 2008.

1. shovelheadstalker

shovelheadstalker New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I know the warm weather is great for catfishing just wondering if any of you landed any flatheads in late winter early spring? Any good place in the late winter in AZ?

thanks, Robb

2. Cat-dory

Cat-dory Guest

I have caught Flatheads in every month of the year in Az.
    Bartlett in February and march. Below horseshoe in feb too.
    They feed just the same only much slower. The ones I have caught seem to be in very shallow water at that time of year too ? Im itchin to head out here real soon. Thinking of san carlos lake for first trip of 08

3. shovelheadstalker

State:
    Arizona
    Good to hear that Ron. Im actually gonna hit Patagonia here in not to long. I will let you know if I have any luck. Let me know if you catch anything on San Carlos.

The only thing I could think of for the cats to be in the shallows is the water is its warmer. They like the warmer temps.

talk soon, Robb

4. Cat-dory

Cat-dory Guest

If you have a boat , try Bartlett up in the river end. If no boat , try the river between Bartlett and Horseshoe...this time of year .....thats where I would go.

5. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I have got my biggest fish in 4 foot of water. You don't have to go deep to find the hawgs. Tight lines.

:cool2:

6. shovelheadstalker

State:
    Arizona
    Its still a little cool. I do agree the cats will be in the shallows.

Im gonna hit Patagonia again come the end of the month with the warmer weather coming.

Robb