Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the warm weather is great for catfishing just wondering if any of you landed any flatheads in late winter early spring? Any good place in the late winter in AZ?

thanks, Robb

G

·
I have caught Flatheads in every month of the year in Az.
Bartlett in February and march. Below horseshoe in feb too.
They feed just the same only much slower. The ones I have caught seem to be in very shallow water at that time of year too ? Im itchin to head out here real soon. Thinking of san carlos lake for first trip of 08

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear that Ron. Im actually gonna hit Patagonia here in not to long. I will let you know if I have any luck. Let me know if you catch anything on San Carlos.

The only thing I could think of for the cats to be in the shallows is the water is its warmer. They like the warmer temps.

talk soon, Robb

G

·
If you have a boat , try Bartlett up in the river end. If no boat , try the river between Bartlett and Horseshoe...this time of year .....thats where I would go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its still a little cool. I do agree the cats will be in the shallows.

Im gonna hit Patagonia again come the end of the month with the warmer weather coming.

Robb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.