Fishing at the steam plant, cumberland city

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tncatfishing, Dec 6, 2005.

1. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Well Bluecatnut and I went fishing saturday night. We were trying to catch skipjack for striper and catfish, but we just could not catch bait not even with a cast net. So Bluecatnut took out some frozen skipjack and used it. Weird night it was warm enough to not have to wear jackets or gloves. Bluecatnut did pull in a 19lb blue, I weighed it with my small scale that I keep in my tackle box.We started to get more bites, but something came up and we had to get back. Before we left I let it go to get bigger. Hopefully well head back out this saturday evening and get their when the bait is running. I have some new lures from Grandpas that look just like shad and even move like em, with the weight inside the lure instead of on the outside, hopefully they will catch something. :cool:

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Just keep after them and you'll find them. Been hearing that the skips are running pretty good in the mornings. You might have to make a trip early to get bait and them go back later if that's when you want to fish. That's what we do when they won't run in the evenings. You guys still fishing the corners of the outlet? Best place in my opinion. I told Bluecatnut how the bottom looks right out from the corners there. Nice drop off there.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Tncatfisher and bluecatnut, If you were trying to catch skips at night, well here in Arkansas, it is almost impossible to catch skips at night. Skips feed by sight and must see the bait. I have never caught any skips at night here. I have caught them as morning broke. I hope this will help. Try fishing for the skips during the day.

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    if the moon was out we would have caught some skipjack but their was no moon and the wind was whipping like crazy

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Also at the steamplant they have huge flood lights that would reflect on the lures , maybe not down deep but atleast some near the surface.

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Top, during the summer we go to the dam and catch them every Friday night for our weekend bait. They bite extremely well and are very aggressive at night here. At least for us they did. I've never paid much attention to the moon, but most times we could catch them. Might be that the lights keep them active, but not sure about that one. We went to Pickwick last April and caught a ton of them at night. Caught some nice stripers too while fishing for the skippies. But I'd say they still bite at night OK for us.