fishing at the port of catoosa?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by truckguy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. truckguy

truckguy New Member

State:
    Texas
    i do a lot of catfishing on the verdigris below oologah. always do pretty well, but im wanting to try out some new spots. anyone have any suggestions?
    i was thinking about the navigation channel at the port, but can you drive into the port, park somewhere and fish from the bank? i'm not sure if they allow that?
    thanks

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't know anything about your area but.................

Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    There's great fishing on the Navagation Channel but for the most part it's not bank fisherman friendly. There's three boat ramps on L @ D 18. First is Rogers Point just South of Claremore off Highway 66 as it crosses the river. Second 33 landing on highway 412 in the middle of the channel and Bluff Landing off 71st 12 miles East off the BA expressway. The land right off the river is public corps land but the really only way to access these area's to walk would be at the ramps. I've fished the channel for many years and there great fishing but as far as bank access your limited IMO. There's people that fish at the ramps and do Ok but it's really not the best place to fish when boats are loading and unloading. There's some that do OK fishing below the Lock over by Bluff Landing there's a spot called Bluegill Point right on the Lock.

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    welcome truckguy!i`m sure you`ll get all the info you need:big_smile: