fishing at over haulser

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by bethann, Aug 31, 2009.

1. bethann

bethann New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good morning guys,
    I was out at over haulser this weekend. I was wondering if anyone had any advice about the river out there and fishing it. Also I am using new bait called secret 7. It is working great. I did not catch anything but the hits happened all morning. I figure on a good night the new bait is going to be amazing (thought I would share my new bait story).

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC Bethann.
    I use Secret 7 all the time, I think it is great for channels. Most of the time you can get fish on it when they won't bite on any thing else.

3. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    Bethann if i was you when fishing in the river i would fish with your lucky 7 bait,but i also would put me a perch on a rod and fish for flatheads,you do'nt catch vry often but when one them 20+ lb flats gets on a rod it is a blast and addictive,good luck to you

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard to the BOC!

5. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I used to fish overholser quite a bit.. fishing down below the dam can be good at times for hybrids and catfish near the spillway..

I havent been able to try the secret 7 stuff yet but have heard lots of good things about it.. I've seen a few guys use dip baits off of the fishing dock and caught alot of lil catfish..

There is also a small dam on the north end of the lake.. the only way to access it is from the dirt road near the boat ramp on the east side of the lake.. lots of shad and baitfish over there...

hope this helps
    Ken

6. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    I haven't use secret 7 yet, but I have used Danny Kings punch bait, and it works well on channel cats. I've heard secret 7 is really good though.
    Did I see you and your BF on the river sunday? My wife & I were in a blue boat, there was a couple fishing on the river up by 39th.