fishing at night

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by bethann, Aug 18, 2009.

1. bethann

bethann New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I went fishing last weekend at Hefner with my boyfriend:big_smile:. We were having a great time until my line got caught. I asked him to help me. As he was trying to bounce the line loose he threw the top half of my rod into the lake:smile2:. It was three in the morning so he could not get it back. He bought me a new one the next day. It does not come apart. What is he going to do the next time? Throw the whole thing in. I am o'kay with it as long as he keeps replacing it:wink:.

2. 89Ricky89

89Ricky89 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very funny! The gender roles are usually reversed on these story!! :wink:

3. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    Pull dont bounce!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    LOL At least he bought you another. Upgrade every time he does this. Welcome to the BOC.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bethann Welcome to the BOC/SOC, from So. Illinois. Loosing equipment is just one of the pearls of fishing. At least your getting new upgrades each time. :0a25::0a25::0a22:

6. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC Bethann from another Okie! It happens, but hey thats catfishin.:eek:oooh:

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    LOL! Gotta love them 1 pc. rods. Tell him check to make sure it's tightly secured to the rod for' he slings it or jerks it.:smile2:

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Bethann welcome to the BOC.

9. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    He He He....
    tooo cute...........it'll happen!

Welcome to the BOC!

Q

10. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Chivalry jumps in the water after dark and swims for the other half of the ladies fishin pole! LOL!!!!!!!! My wife and I always fish together, and that is the 1st of hopefully many happy misshapps on the catfish bank for yall.

11. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I'd suggest a new boyfriend! haha If my ol lady threw my pole in the water... well, I'd make sure she had a towel for the ride home! :) That is good that he takes you with him. I like taking my gal sometimes, although when I do I don't get to do a whole lot of fishing, it is like 'Take a Kid Fishing Day" with her. But I don't mind. I had bought a bunch of big goldfish one time and she thought she wanted to bait her own hook, so I let her. I gave her the goldfish and it started to flop about the time it hit her hand so she screamed and threw the goldfish in the water. Had it been one of my buddies, it wouldn't have been as funny (actually it may have been), but we still laugh about it to this day. Catching fish isn't always the best part of fishing, the memories can last a lot longer whether there are fish involved or not.

12. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    you was'nt hung up,you had a monster catfish on and he just did'nt want to get it in :smile2:

13. bethann

bethann New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thank you guys for the advice and stories. We are going back out this Saturday. I am also going to learn how to use a new reel. I hope you all have a good weekend.

14. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Bethann welcome to the B.O.C. ,i bet he says you lost the rod tip ,not him :wink::smile2: