Fishing at Mosquito Spillway

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by joeczar, Jun 23, 2007.

1. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    My son and I where fishing the spillway at Mosquito last Friday night.
    There where a couple of people fishing for whatever would bite there someone caught a 5 inch Crappie I asked if I could have it. I threw it on a hook within 30 seconds of hitting the water my line starts to peel off and my clicker is making alot of noise. I am thinking here we go a Flathead.
    I was really surprised to catch a 25in Walleye I think it shocked everyone there I became really popular LOL

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Nice Walleye, I would have thought Johnny Cat too.

There r Flats there but I have never caught any.

That a good place to net Shad for bait if they do not have it posted. My guess is that what they would be eatting.

:big_smile:

3. fishdaddy

fishdaddy New Member

State:
    w.va.
    i fish there a lot have got one flat so far and a few channels and my girl friend got a nice blue bout 5 lbs. when do the shad run there the best?

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Baitkiller we did pretty good there about a month ago best way to get there is go above north end towards ramp on the west side of the lake, the point sticking out on the northside of the opening of the creek is a hot spot, we took for flatheads off that point in one night. and 4 channels10 feet off shore, use bluegill , I hope this helps

5. fishdaddy

fishdaddy New Member

State:
    w.va.
    is that the area around the cemetary?

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I am not sure about the cemetary, its all the way up to the North End of the lake near the not allowed to fish zone, off to the left of it where a creek channel goes in to a boat ramp area.

7. fishdaddy

fishdaddy New Member

State:
    w.va.
    i no rite where its at thx.