Fishing at Morrilton Thur.

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by countyline, Aug 12, 2008.

1. countyline

countyline New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Has anyone been to #9 fishing in the past week or so ? I am planning on going Thur. without my boat to do some bank fishing. I usually fish between the main river and the power plant, on the power release side. Does anyone have any suggestions on where else I might try while I'm there?

2. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey Robert! We have been there 3 times the last four weeks. For numbers of fish you are in a good spot cause the channels will eat you up on small bait. Try whole 8" skipjack for the bigger fish. Some bites will really test your tackle if you stay till dawn. From midnight on the small stuff will shut off till daybreak. The action will slow down, but be ready to get hammered.:big_smile: All this depends on the flow. On the river side ,toward the lock, is a hole that is good if you can throw 100yds. and hold. No roll sinkers 4-8oz work good with light to moderate flow. The sand bottom with big flow makes this side tough to fish at all. If you get tired of losing tackle with good flow running, go into the camping area and fish on the end of the two jetties. Have taken some 20# and better fish there at 1 -4 am. It is quiet and more relaxed fishing, but a bit buggier affair. Good luck! :wink: Keep us posted.:cool2:

3. countyline

countyline New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks Mark, I took my stepson with me. He got bored waiting on the catfish to bite so we put a float on a small pole and he played with the gar. He caught a couple of 'em. That gave me time to fish, I ended up with 3 good eating size fish. Two Blues and a channel. We saw some really nice stringers of cats. The shad were hard to come by but it was a good day of fishing and bonding with my stepson.