Fishing at Hefner

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bethann, Aug 31, 2009.

1. bethann

bethann New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I took my daughter fishing at Hefner this weekend. She met my bf for the first time.:roll_eyes: We thought it would be an ice breaker because all three of us love to fish. She caught the first fish which was a blue gill.:smile2: She told him her line was stuck. He checked her line and there was the fish. Her biggest yet she was proud and so were we. She learned how to hold her fish and that excited her to no end. Who would have thought that she and he would bond so well. I am excited to watch them grow together. Best two hours of fishing I have ever had. :big_smile:

2. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    thats kool no better way to bond then doing something outdoors,put that perch on a hook and try to catch you a flathead out of the north candian river good luck to all you guys and good fishing

3. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    Thats great, time spent outdoors is always better when spent with people you care about.

4. Southern Woman

Southern Woman New Member

State:
    Texas
    :big_smile: Take a kid fishing and you start a new journey with them. Great way to bond...

5. Alabamacatman

Alabamacatman New Member

State:
    Phenix city,Ala
    I couldn't have agreed with you more..That was a great place to introduce and start a good bond for everyone.. Good luck with more trips..Jody

6. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    hefner is where I caught my first catfish as a kid over by stars and stripes park, that's also where I lost my first pole and learned to watch them closer:smile2:. congrats though and thanks for sharing