Fishing at Gardner Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by fishlikeagirl, Jun 13, 2009.

1. fishlikeagirl

fishlikeagirl New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Boombalaty, Shelby and I went fishing and I caught my new pb 2lbs :roll_eyes: Thanks for meeting us Shelby we had a good time. Maybe next time we will stay for the big ones, but Shelby can tell you that story. :crazy:

2. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya fo sho! It was great to meet you Shelby. You got my number just give me a buzz when you are ready to hit it again.

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Yeah, It was great meeting you both and we will have to do it again sometime. Also Matt hopefully you picked up some pointers about using a cast net if not I am sure you will learn soon it just takes some time and practice.

Erica, Also congrats on your new PB they only get bigger from here on out. Sometimes you just have to wait them out and keep going until it happens and it will sooner or later.

Well Matt and Erica left about 2am or so an I told them that I will get a biggin as soon as you leave and sure enough about 10-15mins after they left my Kat bobber pole started screaming and I hooked it an it was 15lbs 9oz's Man I need that I feel so much better that there are still big fish swimming in Gardner Lake.

Here are 3 pics I took by myself man his head was big and he fought really hard for 16lbs. He was caught on a 6-7" live green sunfish.

Matt and Erica well get them next time I go all the time so call me or I'll call you.

Attached Files:

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats on the new PB Erica. Nice Channel Shelby. :big_smile:

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sounds like you guys had a good time. Nice channel cat Shelby! There are still some left! :big_smile:

6. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats Shelby!!! That is a pretty fish. Doh if I would have waited 15 min lol:eek:oooh:.

7. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    welcome to the BOC Erica congrats on the new PB.

Nice fish ya got there Shelby , congrats ,, well worth the wait huh.

8. karensalina

karensalina New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Great job Erica! Today we went fishing and I was hoping for a hugely successful day but it did not happen. Husband caught a bluegill and I caught a branch. :embarassed: However, I do want to point out that it was a good sized branch that put up a great fight. Love you, Mom

9. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry mom but I gotta post this it made me laugh!!! And I Quote:Did I remember to tell you about the branch I caught today? It put up an enormous fight and I had to use all my newly aquired skills to tease it to the dock. I caught it on simple bait shrimp, but somehow I don't think it was the bait it was after. It was my hook. Nonetheless, it was a prize. At least 25" long and forked. Covered in a strange green substance. Probably weighed at least 7 ounces. But don't let the weight fool you, it was a fighter. I released it after admiring it for a short time, but forgot to take a photo. So I cannot prove this claim, and you will just have to take my word for it.

LOL funny stuff!:smile2:

That would have made a great pic for your avatar.

10. fishlikeagirl

fishlikeagirl New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Mom I will need proff of this branch this sounds like a fish story to me :eek:oooh:

11. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Welcome to the Boc Erica sounds like your off to a good start.Shelby needs to be making commercials for Kat Bobbers they really work for him.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Im surprised he's not on the front page of the Wild Wolf Website :smile2:

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC?SOC Erica. Your fishin with a good crowd!!