Fishing at Ft. Gibson dam.

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jhatcher, Aug 25, 2009.

1. jhatcher

jhatcher New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    My brother and I are wanting to go try catfishing at Ft. Gibson dam but neither of us have been there, is the fishing as good as we hear? How do you get to the dam? Any help anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    welcome to the BOC Jeremiah,do'nt know much about that lake,but i am sure there are guys on here who do and they will be helping you out,there is alot of good people on here

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC. If they are running water Ft Gibson Dam can be a great place to fish. You just have to find which bait they are hitting. I haven't been over there in about 3 wks. Then they were hitting shad up in the turbine holes. Good luck and make a post when you get back.

4. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    I dont know how it is right now but i did see that the web site says they are running 4 turbines round the clock right now. I do plan to get out there in the next day or so now that im out of the va hospital. As far as how to get there it depends on which way you are comming from. From the Muskogee direction just follow hwy 16 to Okay and go through town it will take you over the dam. If you come in from talaquah way go to the stop light turn right and follow that road trough town and it will bring you out below the dam. From Wagoner direction follow 16 to Okay at stop sign turn right it will take you over the dam make sure if you go over the dam to turn at the second right this takes you to the fishing area. From Ft.Gibson it will be the first left across from the bar/bait shop. We might even meet up at the same time just look for me ya never know.

Foggy :cool2:

5. jhatcher

jhatcher New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thanks to all for welcoming me to the BOC, i sure will post something about our trip and hopefully it will be a good one, foghorn, i will be coming from mcalester, muskogee way and i hope to maybe run into you up there. how do you find out if the water is running up there?