fishing at Dover Ball Park

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Wyndigo, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    I'm just getting back to fishing again and will mainly be at Dover, since its only 2 miles away from home.
    Has anyone been fishing there lately and if so, anything biting? (catfish that is :p )

Maybe after New Years if anyone wants, we could meet and fish on occasion.

Alan

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey wyndigo, first off welcome to the boc i'm sure you'll like it here allot of good people and good information also you'll find some b.s in the mix but it's all good. it's also nice to have another local a member of the boc..
    now as far asdover park is concerned i have been there in a few weeks but it is one of my main haunts,you can also find another boc member out there on occasion he goes by the name stump bumper..
    now did you catch anything and what were you using for bait and what time were you fishing,also what area are you fishing in? i have two spots i normally fish in and stump bumper just so happens to fish right next to one of them...lol..
    also do you about the turkey creek catfish rodeo in feb. it will be at medard park on turkey creek road it's gonna be our first one and oughtta be pretty good hope you can make it...
    i wouldn't mind meeting you out one day just let me know...

also i had my name changed from jfinch to big country01 for those who didn't see my avatar!!!!

3. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    hey Big Country01 I used to fish at the park quite often, used mainly chicken livers with garlic on them. It's been over a year since I fished down there, thats why I asked if anyone was catching anything.
    My favorite spot at the park is at the back end where the old oak tree is layed over, toss out past the feeder and wait for them to bite, my best time was with a friend of mine, we caught 9 decent sized cats and missed alot more.

I havent really fished at medard park since I was a kid and that was bass fishing with my dad, I've been thinking about trying the rodeo but wasnt sure if ya gotta be in a boat or not. I have a small jon boat that I can use but no motor out there wouldnt be much fun lol

I may go out later today and try fishing for an hour or two, if not, I'll be going a few times next week for sure, got the livers getting ready now in the fridge.
    Have you ever tried dynamite bait? I bought some to try out, will see what happens with it.

Alan

4. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey alan,get you some dip bait(stink bait) past few times i been out there they were tearing it up it out did livers by a long shot. that liver with garlic used to be my goto bait until i started usung that dip bait. i use the premo blood flavor in the black container you can get it at walmart.just before dark they will start knocking the he>> out of it,give it try....
    you can fish in the rodeo from the bank there are a few teams that are so you won't be alone if thats what you want to do,and whos to say you might find someone who might lone you a trolling for the day...lol...

5. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    I'll give the stink bait a try soon (after the holidays are over -- spent too much on gifts lol) good thing about buying any fishing tackle at walmart, my sister works at the one in PC part time, so she gets a 10% discount :D

I'll think on the tourney in feburary, sounds like alot of fun and good to hear that others will be on the bank as well.

Alan

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    you can get more information on the tourny and fishing reports for our area on the where i fish icon at the top of the page it is ran by one of the guys who will be fishing in the rodeo his name is schoe.it is free to sign up and is allot like this site i 'd advise you sign up for if you place in the top three you can make extra money so check it out and tell them big country sent ya..lol...

7. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    went and tried fishing for awhile this afternoon, no cats, caught a shiner and tried it for cutbait but no luck.

:) I've already been reading about the tourney on here, its mostly a matter of timing if I get to go... looking for a job and so on.
    I'll check out where I fish and sign up there as well.

Thanks for the help

Alan

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    what kind of work do you do alan...

9. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    hey John been on disability for awhile because of old health problems which are now getting better, so I want to get back to work, part time to start with and then get back to fulltime. I use to do construction work with my dad (finish carpenter in Georgia) along with warehouse,grocery store jobs.

Alan

10. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    just wondering cause my co. is always looking for good help but we don't have any part time positions..if you ever want to get into commercial plumbing let me know(schools, hosp. ect..) :D

11. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    If I was abit younger and in alot better shape I'd gladly jump at the chance.
    Plus I'm planning to move later next year ... around early fall.
    So part time will give me a chance to get back in the swing of things and help pay a few bills. :)
    Thanks for the offer though! :)
    Alan

12. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    no problem alan,let me know when the bite picks back up at dover park.....

13. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    small ones are biting, tried the premo blood bait, they seem to LIKE it alot
    lol I caught two this evening right before dark, think next time I'll try another area where the water is deeper and see what happens.

Alan

14. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    try by the basketball court in the last open spot before the r.c. boat tower nice size fish there or try at the south end of the lake under the pine tree by the feeder i've caught scores of nice ones there also my sister in law caught a 15#er there oneday.....

15. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    went to dover this afternoon for about an hour, tried at the second feeder on the west side (basketball court) caught one about 2 pounder, missed some smaller ones, they do enjoy that premo blood bait

Alan

16. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i wasn't gonna say anything,(but i told ya)...lol...

17. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey try the cltalpa flavor also stump bumper does good on it too.....don't let him know i told ya...lol...

18. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    tried again this afternoon..same spot but was too windy, had a few hits, then tried in the back where I usually go, few hits but could tell they were smaller cats, gonna try again in the next day or two.

I'll give it a try and wont say a word to him lol ;)

19. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i'm gonna be out there tonight after work look for a blue ford f150 pickup it has adeer sticker on the back window i'll be here somewhere depends on the wind......

20. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    I'll try to make it out there this afternoon/evening, I drive a silver ford taurus
    hope to meet you out there.

Alan