Fishing around Tulsa area??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by verrykerry, Oct 5, 2009.

1. verrykerry

verrykerry New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a 2nd interview in the Tulsa area this week and if all goes well I will be relocating there from out of state in the next few months, anyone know how the fishing in general is in that part of the state? I see on the map a few decent sized lakes around and couple of pretty decent sized rivers as well (though I don't know much about river fishing).

Thanks,
    Kerry

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  2. bvomark

bvomark Well-Known Member

State:
    Bartlesville, oklahoma
    You will be moving into an area that has great fishing just about any direction and for many different species as well.

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Great catfishing within an hour or two in just about any direction. I fish Ft Gibson and Tenkiller for catfish. We fish below Tenkiller Dam for big stripers. We put in at Gore landing and go down river.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Kerry welcome aboard to the BOC

5. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Kerry, I live in Tulsa.... I fish Keystone Dam quite a bit, about 20 minutes or less from Tulsa... I also fish Gibson from time to time. I prefer Keystone over gibson, but, I really like Gibson a lot. Eufula is a great place to fish too, but, that a long haul down there... Holler at me if ya get here, we'll fish! At keystone, cat fish on south side of dam and some crappie... North side, ya got cats and stripers.

6. verrykerry

verrykerry New Member

State:
    Texas
    Holler at me if ya get here, we'll fish!

I'll be sure and do that, Thanks...

Kerry