Fishing around the power plants...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KentuckyCatfish, Sep 9, 2008.

1. KentuckyCatfish

KentuckyCatfish New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Anyone have any advice about fishing around the power plants on the river?

2. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    don't eat the ones that have 3 eyes and are glowing....:crazy:. Seriously tho fishing around the plants is no different than fishing anywhere else, look for structure and baitfish (at least that's what they tell me:roll_eyes:).

Good Luck

Bill

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    most powerplants have a warm water discharge. during certain times of the year, they draw tons of baitfish to them, in return the cats are there to feed as well.. goodluck...rollo

4. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    There are acouple where I fish and most of the best areas around them are closed to boat traffic. These areas usually do well though. Im not an expert but late fall and winter months can be good if you can find a warm water discharge area. I would start by asking the locals and local tackle shops what the best approach would be for the particular plant you plan on fishing. Good luck

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Stanley,

I have found the bes time for me is when the baird ard working ,there is plenty bait ,I fish all year , I was at Berry stean Plant yesterday out of Mobile,Al. and the water was 102 degrees and I cought this one, it was 47 1/2" and 65.25 lbs

Good luck

Attached Files:

6. Earl1

Earl1 New Member

State:
    wooodbridg

good idea to ask the locals save you a visit from police boat