Fishing Around Santa Rosa, California

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by crazysupratt, May 26, 2009.

1. crazysupratt

crazysupratt New Member

State:
    CA
    hello everyone. I'll be visiting Santa Rosa area quite a bit, about 2 time a month and was wondering if you guys recommend any location for a lot of fish :) tried a few out but didn't get much luck. Tried Bon Tempe, Riverfront Regional Park, and Foothill Regional Park. Was thinking of trying Lake Sonoma. Do anyone know of any spot at Lake Sonoma or anywhere in Sonoma that is great for fishing? any help is appreciate.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome Jon to the BOC. I am down here in Fresno. Wish I was some help to ya. Someone will post some info for ya brother:wink:

3. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    You can try the Dumbarton bridge. It runs from Palo Alto to Fremont. It is a little south from Santa Rosa, but there is killer fishing for rays and leapord sharks right now.

Another place to consider would be Antioch area of the delta for stripers or sturgeon.

For catfish I'm unsure up there. I've caught them at Lake Berryessa by Napa.

4. crazysupratt

crazysupratt New Member

State:
    CA
    thank you for the response so far. Never fish salt water before and watching shark is a bit extreme. I only done freshwater.

5. crazysupratt

crazysupratt New Member

State:
    CA
    anything that is close by like 30-40 min drive?

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Jon, have you ever thought about Clear lake? I dunno how far away it is from you, but is is a Channel heaven:wink:

7. crazysupratt

crazysupratt New Member

State:
    CA
    hello all. I was up in Santa Rosa this pass weekend. Fished at River Front Regional Park. All day fishing and no bite or fish. Got bored and began catching perch on second rod. haha.

Tried worms, powerbait, salmon eggs, etc...and no bites.

Also gf tried lake sonoma however no luck there either. There were too many boats. The fishing access are tough as well. You have to hike quite a few ways to get to the water.

Yes I heard of Clear Lake and its up there. Any other suggestion is appreciated :)

I guess I am spoil with the Slough and Canal as I always get fish there. Any other suggestion on secret holes around Sonoma County is appreciated :D

8. kattysharks

kattysharks New Member

State:
    California
    sounds like your fishing for trout... Is this right? Cause when attacking cats there is only 2 words cut or live bait IMO GUYS!!! works great but really and really if your just trying to catch fish a good ole nightcrawler and some common lake or place of fishing knowledge should get you into some fish... Oh yeah dont be afraid to ask some nice locals they can point you in the right direction too hope this helps