Fishing Around New Madrid Mo

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BajaCoop, Apr 30, 2007.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Anyone do much fishing around New Madrid that can offer up some ideas on good places to go as well as any tips and techniques.

2. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    Show up at the Cabelas tournament May 19th. you should meet plenty of fisherman and get some great answers.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ed, welcome to the BOC. Glad to have you on board. Gonna be pretty difficult to get anyone to leak some info your way with the tournament coming up in New Madrid. I'll be fishing down there a couple of days prior, and the tournament itself. I'll be glad to help out a little after that weekend. :big_smile:

4. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Well, I've been known to do a little fishing here and there in New Madrid, LOL.

There's lots of good water down here. Whatever kind of areas you like to fish, you can probably find it down here. Except for dams, that is. LOL

Cuz, let me know when you are coming down. Maybe we can get together while you're around.

It's a shame there's such a shortage of tourney's around here. Nothing in Cape or Caruthersville this year!

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sent you a PM Shane. Yeah, the only decent size tourney is this one coming up. Better keep a sharp lookout over your shoulder Shane. The big daddy SeaArk just might be within Binocular distance of the Preacher. :big_smile: I'm really hoping we can meet up while i'm there. I'm planning on being there for three days. It would be an honor to buy the Preacher a nice breakfast, in exchange for a HOT HOLE that is. :eek:oooh: I'll get in touch with you a few days prior.

6. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Well i plan on going down and seeing the weigh in for the tournament but will not be fishing in it. Since i don't have a boat down here I am restricted to what i can reach from the bank. I have been fishing at St. John's Bayou alot since it is on my way home from work but it seems to not have to much for pan sized catfish just a bunch of little ones.

7. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Well i caught some nice eater sized channel cats today.

I will post some pics up tomorrow.

8. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO