fishing around mobile

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by roondad, Oct 23, 2008.

1. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    I am going to mobile this weekend does anyone know of some good fishing there? either fresh or saltwater, I have never been in that area before. thanks...Al:embarassed:

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    as a matter of fact, the speckled trout bite has been outstanding around the causeway. redfish and sheephead are also hanging around to a lesser degree. i picked up a few decent flounder a few weekends back a little farther south in the bay. bass fishing in the lower delta is still pretty good. harold (catman4897687236???) will know a lot more about the catfish bite. i'd offer to take you out on the boat this weekend, but i will be home alone with my 4 month old for most of the weekend, and he cant quite cast a baitcaster yet.

any of the local bait/tackle shops will have good info. on where to go. there are some places to bank fish. if you are on the mobile side, or the baldwin county side.

the only catch about fishing this weekend is this cold front/rain we are getting today and tommorrow. it will be bringing strong winds with it, that will probably have the water all muddied up. forecasters are calling for a beautifull sat. and sunday. sunday would be my pick if i was going. should give the fish time to settle down. not sure what the tides are doing exactly, but they look like they are falling in the evening.

live shrimp will catch just about anything that swims right now. and the shrimp have been plentifull. not sure what you are most interested in catching, but certain places do better for some species than others.

if you go to mobile register.com they have a local fishing report provided by local guides and bait shops every thursday. i looked at it this morning and things look promising.

hope this helps!

j.d.

3. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    J.D. thank you for the info, I'll have all week to poke around. I understand about the 4mo. old, enjoy all you can .they are grown and on their own before you know it. thanks, Al:roll_eyes: