Fishing around Marble Falls???

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by BoxxerBoyDrew, Mar 12, 2008.

1. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Hey Fellas,

I am going to Kerrville to pick some stuff from my Uncle, and I will be driving threw Marble Falls/Colorado River. I Think there would be some GOOD FISHING around there, but I am unsure where there will be a place to fish off of the bank or docks??? I have been threw there a few times, but I have never stopped to look around. So I don't know if it would be worth bringing my Poles and stuff, or what??

THANKYOU for ANY HELP Ya'll can provide!!!
    Drew

2. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    Drew , don't know if I'm too late or not..but the best luck I've had around MF is off HWY 1430 , don't know the creek name but just outside of MF , up 1430 take it EAST or NORTH toward Lago Vista /Austin.. their is a creek that cross over 1430 about 5 miles down. or you can keep going their are plenty of parks off 1430..best one is TURKEY BEND..

3. idoc_chaney

idoc_chaney New Member

State:
    arkansaw
    Hey guys, I've done well on yellow cats below Llano on perch in the past . There's some nice water within wading distance below the bridge on 16 in Llano, and the city lake/park is way under fished by any experienced folks.
    Also the Bend between Cherokee and Lampassas is not to be ignored .
    Good luck .
    Joe

4. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey guys take a look at a 28 Lb yellow caught in Lake LBJ just above Marble Falls. Caught by my Dad (Catfish Jack) and there is a story behind this big boy. Dad and my little brother ( 6' 7") Greg were white bass fishing around the dock lights. They were not having real good luck and were about to call it a night and head for home. Dad made one more cast and got a good bump ( they were fishing with artificial jigs for white bass small rigs with 12 lb test line). Dad made another cast in the same spot and got another good bump so he kept on trying and guess what. Big old yeller jumped right in there and thought he would get a late night snack for free. Old Catfish Jack set the hook and the fight was on. To finish this story up after 15-20 minutes Dad landed this big boy and ended the night on top of the world. Yessir there are some good urns in the Colorado river around Marble Falls.

Attached Files:

• DAD.jpeg
      DAD.jpeg
      File size:
      104.9 KB
      Views:
  5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck on your trip hope you catch a lot

6. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Sorry about the late followup, but anyway here it is!

The trip went great! We got to Marble Falls and started searching for places to go, and we wound up fishing at the main Boat Ramp and Park right off of the Hwy. There is a LONG retaining wall that runs the length of the park, so there is plenty of places to fish. We Setup and started fishing. We rigged up some cat lines and put them out, and started doing some casting for other fish while staying close to the cat poles. We caught some good cats at first then they slowed down. We were also catching some nice Black Bass too using Stick worms rigged weightless. We kept on fishing there threw the night, and just slept in the car when we got tired. The next morning I spotted a BIG piece of foam floating down the river with some re-bar sticking out, so I wound up getting it to the side of the bank, and a Park Worker was there so I flagged him down and we got it out of the water and into the back of his truck. We got to talking and he used to live in Waco, and we fished allot of the same places! So he told us a good place to go where there is a Power Plant Output on LBJ, so we packed up and headed over there to see what we could catch. It was a POPULAR place to go, as there were already quite a few people already there, but we found us a spot and wound up catching some OK fish! Most were Black Bass, but there were some White Bass there too. We only caught a couple of cats, but it was still allot of fun!!

As soon as the boat is done and my son is out of school we are planning on a Boat Fishing trip to Marble Falls and Lake LBJ to do some real CATTIN'!!!! So THANKS for all of the help, and it is a VERY NICE AREA to go and there are also supposed to be some nice Camping spots too, but we didn't plan far enough in advance, so sleeping in the Honda Element it was but it was comfortable enough for 1 night! LOL

Holler if any more info is wanted about the area, as I will help as much as I can!

Thanks Again!!
    Andy:wink:

7. olyeller

olyeller New Member

State:
    Kingsland, TX
    I own a marina/fish camp on LBJ at Kingsland. Just getting back into fishing this Spring. Had a long end-of summer-Fall-Winter with my ailing Dad who passed early March.

Anyway, lots of good cats in LBJ, Marble Falls, Inks, Travis, and Buchanan. Both the Llano and Colorado rivers are good natural hatcheries. My PB is 47#.

Good luck to you.

8. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Thanks for the info Olyeller!!! Next time we are down that way we will look you up!!!

Andy:big_smile:

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that's an awesome flattie for a light rig.