Fishing around lhc

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jul 27, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    were going on the boat around havasu and was wondering wat some people use for bait ( during the day )

i know:
    striper= anchovy

catfish= liver

im using a carolina rig

BY THE WAY ???? wat area of the colorado river is havasu :cool2:

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    havasu is considered the lower colorado, which is weird to me because i fish the lower colorado and we are no where near havasu. lol. anyway if you can get your hands on some fresh shad i would definatley try that. try using a cast net to catch some fresh shad and use them whole or cut them up. good luck and hope you catch a big-un

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    do the shad stay around the boat

i have a net for catching shad but it was off a pear

4. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    my grandpa used to have a summer house at parker, he fished havasu lake for years, his choice of bait was whole anchovies and chicken livers for channels, he never really used anything else that i remember, for flats he used nothing but live bluegill, his biggest flat was 37lbs near the boat launch of the lake near havasu springs where all those mobil homes are, i dont know the biggest channel, but he caught some pretty nice ones near bird island, scorpion island and the tullies under the az 95 bridge that leads to havasu city, well thats all i have for ya, hope that helped

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thanks for the info:smile2: can u remember wat hook he used for whole anchovies

6. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    believe it or not, i believed he used eagle claw leaders 2/0 for channel fishing, and 5/0 - 7/0 for flathead, im not sure on the brand for that one, but definetly circles, he was an old fashioned guy that stuck to old ways and not new info, im sure if he could fish right now he would still stick with the old guns haha, a trick i remember him using with the whole anchovies is give your self a little slack in the line and wrap the line around the tail about 2 or three times then double hook the anchovie through the back, it helps it stay on the hook when you cast, i know it seems wierd and tricky but play with the idea since i cant show you a picture, good luck out there and let us know what you catch out there, hook a bigone:big_smile:

Mikey

7. chaz9071

chaz9071 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I like to use live bluegill as much as possible. Bluegills work with flatheads, channel cats and stripers.

If I'm fishing just for channel cats, I will use stinkbait.

We've done alot of catfishin' but we're just getting started fishing for flatheads and we've had some success at it so far. Lots of ideas and not much time to fish. But so far, my Father-in-law and I have had a great time out on LHC and Topock areas. We're still experimenting trying to get the best rig setup to haul in the monsters.

:eek:oooh: