Fishing around Land O Lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Gordhawk, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Are there any good fishing places around Land O Lakes? Will be visiting in the area the month of January. Catfish,Crappie,Bluegills? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. akacharlie

akacharlie New Member

State:
    florida
    Well sir there many good lakes in that area but most all of them now are privet. You didn't say, so I'm assuming your bringing a boat. SW. about 15 to 20 miles is Lake tarpon just off Hwy. 19 in Tarpon Springs its good for specks,crappies as you call them, I usually use the ramp at Anderson Park just south of the Chilli's Restaurant last time I was over there it was a $3.00 launch fee. Now for Cats check out the Hillsborough River about the same distance SE. You might want to Check out other possibilitys in the area at www.myfwc.com its the web site for the FL. fish and wildlife conservation commission and its loaded with great info. on where, when & how plus a list of public ramps and much more. Have a safe trip and enjoy the great fishing. Charlie

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Charlie,Thanks for all of the information. I will not be bringing a boat with me. I was just hoping to find somewhere to fish from the bank.