Fishing around Fairfield

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by kory, May 22, 2007.

1. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Just moved down here to Fairfield from Lima, and i'm looking for some places to fish. Plan on getting out for the first time down here this weekend.

2. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Are you just planning on fishing in just Fairfield?If you are theres a lake on east river road owned by the city of Fairfield.Also you can hit the great miami pretty easy at daryl joyce public park just go to the back of the park go about 30 yards thru the woods and theres the great miami.The only drawback is the park closes at dark.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, if you ever come to central Ohio we can hook up up.

Tea

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Kory!

5. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    I'll fish anywhere around here where i can. Back home we usually had to drive 40 minutes or so to get to where we fished, so driving isn't beyond me lol. Just trying to find somewhere to go this weekend and possibly get into some big fish.

thanks for the welcome you guys!

6. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    how is the fishing in the miami??

7. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    i'm going out tomm, i guess i'll just drive around and hope i find somewehre to wet my line lol. Anywhere in the cincy/nky area will work. so if anyone wants a fishin buddy this weekend, tell me when, where and how to get there, and i'll be there......yes, i'm desperate lol

8. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i just wanted to respond and say we had the same name but mine is spelled korEy

haha

good luck man!

9. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    well i live in the county next to u and we got a catfish tourney this weekend on sat. so if u wont to go just call me at this number 740-248-9251 and this will go for anyone that wonts to try to win a little money

10. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Kory look at the picture I posted in the ohio rivers section in the thread great miami river 5-5-07. There are some real nice flatheads and channels in this area of the river. The problem is access. All of the parks will not let you fish after dark. The ramp at the combs park in hamilton I would not leave my truck there unatteded at night. North of hamilton on Rt. 4 there is Rentschler Park there is some good fishing off the bank from the rangers house but a lot of snags. I have landed a few flats in the upper 20lb range out of the gmr. I have seen 30's and 40's caught. I will be fishing friday at combs park off b street where the upper dam is just for a few hours during the day. Black dodge ram my numbers on the side of it call me if you make it down that way or anyone else for that matter.

11. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio

how much is the entry fee?? i might, depending on that lol, i'm a poor college student haha

12. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio

i'll prolly try and make it up there. i followed the river south on river rd tonight, saw a pay lake, and some spots on the river but my car is too low to get off the road, ended up down in colerain at some park there with baseball diamonds. Caught a couple turtles, had a couple runs and one fish on, but nothing on bank. I did meet a couple folk tho and saw 4 deer on the way home, so all in all it was a good night.

13. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Kory you was fishing at the New Baltimore Bridge those ballfields you saw was eggleston ball park.I drove by there on my way to work saw a red pickup by the bridge was that yours?

14. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    nah, i parked down by the ball fields, i drive a little black civic.

15. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Roger (Beetle) This isnt related to fishing but since you brought up Combs park I thought I would share this with you guys.Me and my father used to raise Bull Terriers,not Pit Bulls but as most dog people refer to the breed as English Bull Terriers.You all remember Spuds Mckenzie dont ya.It was christmas eve Im guessing around 1988 or 1989 back then my family would do christmas at my grandmothers house on christmas eve.Well my family was getting ready to go to my grand mothers house when i got a call about a litter of pups I had in the paper.A lady was asking about my pups I told her about them and said she could come anytime after christmas and see them.The lady told me she was looking for a pup for her son for christmas and she would come right away to my house to look at them.So I called my grandmother and told her we would be late.Well about 40 minutes later a man and his son showed up at my door wanting to look at my pups and did buy one guess who it was?Ray Combs.

16. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    fished with beetle this morning and afternoon, had a couple runs, we both caught a channel and he caught a flathead, then i went down to eggleton softball park or whatever it's called, down on river road just past blue rock rd. Fished there from 430, caught 1 channel, then right before i called it quits (no lantern) my reel screamed, ended up being a flathead, biggest fish i've caught yet, i don't have scales so i dunno how much it weighed but it was about 30 inches, and, it was my first shovelhead! all in all, minus getting sun burned, it was good day. I attached a couple phone pics of that flatty.

thanks beetle for letting me tag along bro.

Attached Files:

17. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice Shovelhead Kory .

18. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Nice flattie, that was your first???? trust me you are now hooked for life welcome to the club :big_smile:

19. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go Kory! Glad I got a chance to meet you, do a little fishing and BS a while. I had a good time, I fish by myself most of the time so it was good to have someone there to talk with. Your flathead would way about 12-15lbs going by length. What did you get it on? I hope we can hope up over the weekend and maybe get in to so bigger ones...beetle

20. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    i stopped at wholesale baits after i left combs and got some chubs and gills, they woulnd't touch the gills for some reason, but they liked the chubs. I had another run earlier but it took me back up under a log or something and let it go......

and yes, now i'm even more hooked then before lol...