Fishing Apron.

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by TOPS, Apr 13, 2006.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    When I use cut bait I get blood ,slime and just about anything on my clothing when I fish. I found a vinyl apron that I will use for now and give it a try. The only thing I can see not that it only comes in black and this could get very hot in summer.

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Awww heck Verlon. I always thought that getting that mess all over one's person was part of the fun of fishin....LOL J/K, I used to always clip on a towel which works fine for wiping your hands on but not so much help when cutting much bait up, especially on a boat where there is always movement.

The apron is a great idea. I have an old gardening apron that is a type of cloth on the front side and plastic coated on the back side. Think I will give that a try!

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Like Barb, I always have a dark red Golf Towell clipped to my bag, it really helps out when Im trying to ofload a messy bunch of Skipjack blood and guts off my hands, nothing worse!:p

Salmonid

PS Im sure I could come up with a real perdy flowered apron to give to Mellon to wear.. Thats just not right is it??;)

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm a lot more likely to get messy from cleaning fish than from cutting bait. I've got a couple of white cloth butcher's aprons, but I don't bother to put them on. I need to change clothes anyway after a day's fishing, so a little more from the cleaning won't hurt.

5. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i always seem to forget my towel so most of the mess ends up on my jeans:)

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    It just don't seem like a good day of fishing if you can't take off your britches and stand them in the corner when you're done.

:grin-big: ​

ST

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    im with greg on this one. i know ive had a good fishing trip when my wife dry heaves atleast twice between the hamper and the washing machine.

8. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    I was in walmart the other day and noticed they are selling a denim fishing apron. I think it was around 5 bucks. Boog