Fishing and Kids!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishrollo, Jun 3, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I recently came home from a productive trip out flathead fishing to be greeted by my wife and young daughter Jacie. I love them both more than the world! But, it makes daddy feel great, when the little one takes interest in the outdoors and fishing at such a young age of l1 year and 8 months. She has attended a few other trips on dad's boat, and has been around the fish and water since nearly a newborn! It's amazing how fast they grow. Last spring, I was wearing one of those kangaroo things that you strap around that allows your baby to be on your chest, and we went bass and crappie fishing while mom was working!:wink: Yes guys, they just ain't for the women to wear!:big_smile: I felt a bond then with her, and think shes gonna be a fisherman.. or woman!! LOL... Well, back to my story.. When I came home with some to filet for the freezer the other day, she quickly came over to them and point to say " Fiseee" !!! She even wanted to pet them like the dog.... I only hope she will stay interested at an older age and we can have a father/daughter relationship in the outdoors! Either way, I will suport her and her interests, but fishing has a special meaning to me, and I would love to share it with her....rollo

Attached Files:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    picture of wife Sarah and Jacie...rollo

Attached Files:

3. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    I couldn't agree with you any more. I love to see kids get interested early in life in the outdoors. I stayed high all my teen years and on into my adult life, but it wasn't on drugs or alcohol, it was on life and the outdoors. All of this I learned from my Daddy, and I can never thank him enough.

don3778

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    You are blessed to have a loving wife and daughter. I'll wager that she fishes all her life.:wink:

5. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Jason I hope she does carry that interest in the outdoors,I think that`s great

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to you rollo. Couple of fine lookin fisherwomen you got there!!

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Gotta luv it is rite. Thanx for the pics.:big_smile:

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    you guys should know me by now i make it a family sport
    keep it up rollo

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    rollo,

that will be memries never forgotten:big_smile:

10. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    You have an adorable little family there Jason. Its great to see you take an active role in teaching Jacie about the great outdoors. God has blessed you both with a beautiful little girl. Very lucky man. :wink:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I can see it now......you and Jacie, out in the boat, with two forks and a jar of tomatoes, catfishin' all the day long :wink:.

Thanks for the pics Jason, you've got some cute girls there bro. :cool2:

12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Nothing better than that, fish on brother!!!!!!!

13. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Im sure that she will be a catfisherwoman. When they get started that early I think that it is almost impossible for them not to. My Dad used to warm up my bottles on the exhaust manifold of the truck.:smile2: Now all I do is fish. You have nothin to worry about. By the way she is a cutie.

14. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    If you check out most of my threads you will notice most of them have something to do with the youth. Reading what you wrote makes me happy to see that fathers are trying to be positive role models in our children lives. I for one am a father of 5 and would rather take my kids fishing and hunting than any of my friends. It makes me feel good knowing i can share my vast knoledge of the outdoors with them and strengthen our bond. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BRO!

PROVERBS 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go:and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

15. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jason, i understand ya man. I took my neices (10 & 6 years old), and my nephew (3 years old) fishing a few weekends back. I have fished all my life, and I must admit, that was the best fishing trip I have ever had in my life. We didnt catch anything, and we were only out there for a few hours, but it was great. Thats all they have been talking about for the past few weeks. There will be many more fishing trips to come.

16. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    :big_smile:She's a real cutie!! But look out! In a few years she'll probably be stealing your gear!:eek:oooh:
    Deb