Fishing along 43 hwy

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Fishermen85, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    i hear theres good catfishing in the canals and reservoirs, anybody been to any areas around the 43 hwy? 43 starts from wasco ca to kingsburg i believe

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    born and raised in wasco, not much on hwy 43 until you get to allensworth head west to alpaugh(dont remember the road) at the store in alpaugh turn right head north a mile or two there is a canal there that ised t have catfish in it. then you can just drive the canal either east or west.

3. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    ol alpaugh lol yes i go there all the time but the water has been real low, rsmith you ever fished main drain rd?

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Welcome to the BOC from the beach in LA. I haven"t fished the canals that you are speaking of.... I have spent lots of time on the Kings river above Hwy 99 fishing for Smallies, and trout... but its been a couple of years...... been a few "wash out" floods on the river, and the "ole haunts" are not like they were 20 years ago prior to the "invasion" of jet skis and wave runners....

Thanks for the post... Bayrunner Ray

5. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    thanks gilmafam big ups to you

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    yes, i fished manin drain rd. years ago and the slough that ran along I-5 in the lost hills area before they dredged and re-routed it back when there used to be lots of water in it. would catch lots of bass ,catfish and would frog gig till the early morning hours.....ahhhh those were the days!!!

7. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali

about 2 weeks ago i saw someone fishing main drain rd about 5 minutes before you get off to lost hills im assuming they were catching fish because of the ice chest they had out i could be wrong, do you think its still fishable?

8. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    there is fish in main drain mainly small ones, i wouldnt eat anything caught in it.

9. Fishermen85

Fishermen85 New Member

State:
    Cali
    o ok ill check it out this saturday