Fishing after a rain...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Stumpknocker2, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I was planning on fishing tonight, however a rain has come thru, and now it is overcast. I still have a few hours before headin out, what are my chances? I usually associate a rain with good fishin, any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

2. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Always Like Fishing After A Good Rain.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I ahitting about 50/50 after a rain. I tend to do better with night crawlers real close to the bank and small 3-4 inch bream in about 4-10 foot of water. With shad it seems to work better under a bobber about 2-3 foot deep. That is in a lake though. River fishing I would do about the same but everything will be close to the bank.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I did real good last Fri. night after it had rained for days.It was still sprinkling all night and cold but I managed 4 flatties,7lbs-22.7lbs(avatar pic)
    Good Luck,I hope you do good.Keep us posted on how you did!

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I usually do pretty good after a rain. Especially, if the water is on the rise. If the water level is falling, I don't do good at all. Good luck!!

6. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    rain and overcast skies? go fishing!!!!

7. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i usually do pretty good after a rain . creeks are flowing and seems to get the natural bait in the lake stirred up a bit

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I love to fish after a good rain,seems like in most places that I go that a good rain turns the fish on.Good Lcuk to You

9. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Thanks Guys, I am off to the lake. I will let yall know how it goes. Rustys shad and chicken livers.

10. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    We went out when it was raining off and on and we were actually getting more hits then normal so Id say when the water gets churned up the fish tend to move around more I guess...

We went out on Sunday and the water was so calm...looked like a sheet of glass out there. Was there for not even a half hour and ayokay005 pulled in a 8lber! Biggest one we've gotten off that pier yet....hard to beat that the rest of the night:roll_eyes:

11. 1 fishingfool

1 fishingfool New Member

State:
    il
    I have had good luck also after a good rain .And durring a light rain also.If you go good luck!!!

12. 1 fishingfool

1 fishingfool New Member

State:
    il
    Heck in florida fish are use to rain durring the summer months you get rain every eve. there. at least when I lived there it did

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    A lot depends on where you are fishing in relation to run off from creeks. Run off can be good since it brings in bait fish, but too muddy of water seems to stiffle the bite for a day or two. Too much current too can be tough on lake fish, but some current flow is good and actually desired.

The biggest thing is to fish and keep notes on what works and what doesn't. Try new things and see what works under the conditions you are fishing.

14. Galant02

Galant02 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I always think after the rain is the best. Thats when we seem to have the most luck where i go out.

15. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I was gonna head out too but the skeeterz were awful! I always have better luck after a light rain. Smallies seem to hit my baits alot too!