Fishing after a good rain

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by goodyear, May 8, 2007.

1. goodyear

goodyear New Member

State:
    Lawton oklahoma
    Well last night we got about 2'' of rain in south western oklahoma. I am half arrse attempted to go out to the lake and give it a shot. What areas should I be looking for? still water? fast moveing water? Its still cloudy out with winds about 10 to 15 miles per hr. Any help would be great:big_smile:

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jason, I would locate a creek or river pouring into the lake. If it were me, I'd try to fish within 200 yards of where the water is dumping in. With the fresh rains, the active cats SHOULD be in there feeding within the next 24 hours. Fresh shad oughter be the ticket.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Okay, let me edit that last statement. I try to fish in the lake part, within 200 yards of where the water is coming in. I re-read my post and it kinda looks like I"m talking about fishing in the creek or river, but close to the lake. Not the case for sure, I've always had better luck in the lake, but close to where the water is dumping in. Hope this helps.

4. goodyear

goodyear New Member

State:
    Lawton oklahoma
    What are you doing today jerrod? Feel like driveing to lawton? to do a little fishing,it might rain on us though.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Its nomally good fishing after a rain.

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    fish the muddline. that should be within couple hundred yards of the creek. Try and keep ur baits in the clear water outside the muddline.

7. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I went this morning and caught my limit of 15 and I was fishing near the bank around some rocks.

They seem to be doing real good near the bank right now, in the fresh dirt and grass?

Ken

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Dangit, I need to stay around the computer more I guess.

Jason, we'll get together and hit 'em sometime soon. I'm sick to death of fishing Lake Altus.

9. goodyear

goodyear New Member

State:
    Lawton oklahoma
    Well just got back from the lake, me and the old ladie went out and fished the bank for about 3 hrs caught 2 blues and one channel the blues weighed in at a whopping 1 pound the other was about 3 pounds. We had fun allmost got caught up in a tornado. that was interesting. Well if I ever catch anything bigger I will waste my time with a picture. lol

10. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    What was you using for bait?

11. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name: