Fishing Adventures w/ Your Spouses

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Nov 18, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Winnter is setting in, I need something to do, lets hear some of those "Misadventures w/ the Mrs" :p My wife wont catfish w/ me becasue she says I take it too seriously.

Below is a qoute from a BOC mbr concerning a trip to the local river w/ his wife. I think he will chime in when he reads it. :p

"Finally I grew tired of watching this battle and suggested that she wade into the creek, to get a better angle on the fish, which was constantly taking her down stream. That was a big mistake, as she lost her footing and fell. I ran into the water, not to see if my wife was ok, but to try and get her rod. That was another mistake, but I will not get into that here."

So buddy just how long did you sleep on the couch? :D

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brayn I am the boss in my family, She slept on the couch :D ..That was a funny trip, but last year when I handed her my rod while trying to ne a 50-lb flathead, and she droped my rod and lost my fish, was not funny! :cursing:

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Every fishing trip with my spouse is an adventure,even before we reach the water!!

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    My wife refuses to fish with me anymore. A couple or three years after we were married in 1969, I was stationed in Montana and we went camping up above Augusta near the continental divide. We were fishing for trout in a small gin-clear lake with absolutely no success. She made a cast...straight up. The bait fell into 6"-8" deep water about 5' in front of her; then the line fell down on top of the bait in a pile. A trout swam up from deeper water, nosed the line out of the way, and gobbled down the bait. That was the only fish caught that day.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope you work in the morning, becasue I am going to email this to your wife! She'll have a couple ice packs ready for you when you come home. (One for each eye that she will blacken!)

6. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    H2O, you think it's bad that your wife won't go catfishing with you because "you take it to serious". my wife won't go with me because she say's she dont need too because she's already caught one bigger than me. my biggest to date is 62#'s and she's got me beat by three pounds. it's tough being the big bad catfisherman around all your buddies when your wife's got ya beat. lol

7. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

I have a good one,that i wont print again,it was funny,if you dont belive
    me,ask DANO im sure he will back me up on this,and may even direct you
    to it. :eek:
    KIRK
    QUOTE:KEEP A LITTLE SUNSHINE ON YOUR FACE EVERY DAY,by MUD BUG

8. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

I do have a very good one,that i wont go thru again,it was funny,if you
    dont belive me,ask DANO i think he will back me up on it,and may even
    direct you to it. :eek:
    KIRK
    QUOTE:KEEP A LITTLE SUNSHINE ON YOUR FACE EACH DAY by MUD BUG :D

9. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    The Mrs. still likes to fish with me, but we still have to work out the pottie issue!

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I remember a lot of good times fishing with my wife. About 8-10 years ago we went fishing for bream. We were in a shallow creek off the main river, and had caught just a few fish. The local sports channel had forecast the peak fishing time as 12:15 pm, or something like that. Anyway, at just the exact moment for prime time, she threw her line into about 8" of water and hooked into the largest bluegill she had ever caught. We were close to the bank, with trees overhead, and she was having a time getting the fish to the boat on that limber 11' breambuster pole. Finally she just jerked and the fish sailed over the boat into deeper water, and she was able to bring it close enough for me to get it into the boat. It weighed something over 2 lbs., her largest ever.
    Unfortunately, she hasn't been fishing now in over 6 years, since we lost our oldest daughter in an accident, and I miss her going with me. Our grandson has taken her place now, catching his first big bream from a boat at 4 yrs old, and still loving it now at 13, although the girls are starting to become a priority more and more. LOL

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just have to know about Cpt Kirks situation. SOMEONE has to post it! :p

Blackwater..... Sorry about your loss.

12. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    the day before valentine's day this past year my wife and i had planned to go to a nice place to eat and maybe take in a movie .. you know the normal stuff couple's do on valentine's day .. well that night laying in bed she rolled over and said "let's go fishing tomorrow instead" .. of course i said that's fine and set my alarm for 530am

it was her first winter trip that morning .. wasn't all that cold for me since i'd been doing it all winter but she was freezing .. it was a 15 minute ride to get bait then another half hour to get to the first hole .. after getting the bait (which happened to be really hard this particular day) we started heading to the first spot .. about 5 minutes into the half hour ride my wife started saying she was cold .. so i stopped at the very next spot that looked half decent and threw out the anchor .. i figured i'd fish there for awhile until the sun got a little higher in the sky and it warmed up a bit

well i casted out all my lines: one shallow, one medium, and one deep just like i always do .. after sitting there for 20 minutes or so i started to get antsy and asked Amy if she was warm enough to get going .. she asked for just a couple more minutes .. i reluctantly sat back down then all of a sudden a rod went down! i started fighting it and knew right away it was a good fish .. i told amy to grab the net and join me in the back of the boat .. all of a sudden another rod went down!

i finally got the fish in the net and immediatly started reeling in the next fish .. i instantly knew this fish was much bigger even tho i was already tired from the first 15 minute fight .. the fish made dive after dive back down to the bottom .. i finally got it to the top and i was exhausted .. too bad the other fish was still in the net .. amy dragged the net out from under the fish as i held the line with one hand to lift the fish

with another jerk of the rod the drag started to rip out again as the fish went back to the bottom .. i had yet to see the fish and it had already been 25 minutes .. my back and arms were numb and i was breathing like i had just run a marathon .. i looked at amy and sighed and she said "come on just a little more! reel reel reel!" .. 5 more minutes went by and finally the fish came to the surface .. my mouth dropped to the boat floor and i screamed "get it in the net!!" .. the fish barely fit in the net and it took both of us to lift the net into the boat

we both were yelling and excitement filled the air .. the moment of truth was upon us .. time to weight them .. the first fish was a healthy 35lbs and the second, my best ever, at 63lbs .. we snapped pictures and i slid the big brutes over the side of the boat and collapsed in a heap .. i was exhausted .. 45 minutes of battling 100lbs worth of fish took its toll

the rest of the day was a bust, we never got a bite after that .. but for the rest of my life i will never forget the best valentine's day ever, or that i have THE BEST wife in the whole world

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tank, that is a great story, thanks for sharing!

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Not much to tell here.My wife went with me a few times and thats about all i could stand.My wife tends to think if you havent caught anything in 30 min its time to go home.The last and final time she went i told her she could go but i wasnt going to be in any hurry to get home,when i go fishing its an all day affair.So she said that was fine and of course i was sceptical but agreed. So of course we were there about an hour and she starts huffing and puffing and wanting to go home so i ended up taking her home and going back out.unfortunitly my wife isnt the outdoors type even though she grew up on a dairy farm.Go figure.

15. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    About 14 years ago right after I got married, my wife (now ex-wife) and I decited to take a cooler full of beer and a little tent to a secluded lake to spend the night fishing and knocking back a few cold ones. When we got there we discovered we had brought the wrong tent poles they were to long. She was discussing weather she wanted to stay all night with out a tent, while she was talking and talking and talking and trying to decide what to do, I was fishing and drinking beer. Well by the time she decited to go home I had caught a couple of nice channels and drunk all the beer, needless to say she had to drive me home. I don't think she had much fun but I had a blast! :D

16. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    This event took place about 5 or 6 years ago.I went fishing with my wife for saugeyes on the scioto river with a friend and his wife.I got a spot where theres a shallow flat and drops off to about four feet of water and the saugeyes come in in the evening to feed on shad.We were in my small johnboat and our friends were in a canoe.Ive always used spinning tackle but this day i brought a abu 6500.Was fishing with a rattlin crankbait and caught a couple and everything was going great.On the next cast i heaved the rod to cast hard as i could and heard a thud.Guess what it was her head i think she was in shock.Had two barbs in each of the treble hooks buried deep in the back of the her head.Tried to cut one hook shank with leatherman tool but she told me to stop cause of the pain.So we turned boat around and headed up stream and put boat and stuff back in truck and headed to grant hospital.So we get to emergency room and she was walking in with the crankbait still stuck in her head and every step she took the crankbait rattled.People were laughing at her but she didnt think that was too funny.We get back in the emergency dept and doc says he cant find any thing that worked to cut them out and says he has to go to surgery dept upstairs to find something.He comes back and starts on her i hightail it back to the waiting room (she had a evil look on her face).I think it was two years before she went fishing with me again and on 20 foot pontoon me in front and her on back he he.She caught two 20 inch smallmouth that year in alum creek and all i could catch was some 12-14 inchers.Payback Maybe.In process of divorce now so im thinkin she still has flashbacks

17. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well my wife will go fishing in the day time only the first nite she when alot i hook and eel about 4 ft long. After seeing it never no more nite fishing hope i dont catch one doing the day time :D
    But my girls are hard to keep out of the boat they love to catfish. lucky me

18. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I still remember the time my wife and I were fishing for bream in a local river. We were in a 14' jon boat, and she suddenly had an urge to take a restroom break. Well, there ain't no powder rooms on that section of the river, so I proposed to pull up the the bank, which was a little steep, so she could get out of the boat (ya just don't let her stand up or move around too much in a small boat!). I was to nose the boat against the bank and keep the motor idling in gear so the bow wouldn't drift away and cause her to slip. Now, my wife is deathly afraid of anything even remotely resembling a spider. Lo and behold, but I drove her directly toward one of those really large garden spiders and their tough, sticky webs. She was standing up to get out of the boat when she spied the spider, :eek: shrieked out something unintelligible, and commenced to run across the seats toward me, and I caught her around the waist on her way past me and out of the stern of the boat!
    When I finally calmed her down, and offered to find a better spot, she advised me that the only spot she wanted at that time was at home!

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Enjoyed reading about all the fishing wife's!

My wife has always liked fishing if she's catching fish. She gets bored real quick when they are not biting. I guess the best fishing time that I remember her having was Colorado trout fishing. We had a 14 ft semi V that we carried on top of a fold out tent camper. We would troll in a mountain lake, her and the kids could catch them about as fast as they could bait their hooks. We went to the same place for about 10 years. She would even clean them.... some years she took her pressure cooker and canned trout. Later her dad had a stocked channel cat pond that she liked fishing for it was so easy to catch em. If she doesn't catch a fish in 5 minutes she is ready to go to the house.
    The only time I remember she got upset while fishing. We were trout fishing in the boat... I never noticed but she was bent over behind me counting the trout in the bottom of the boat. (she was worried that we were over our limit) I pull the rope starter on the motor, my elbow hit her in the head knocking her off the seat. Years later the kids still laught about that.

20. oldman

oldman New Member

Ive Been Married 55 Yrs And The Man Who Says He's Boss At Home Lies About Other Things Too. Hook Em Horns : :d