Fishing Adventure

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman369, May 31, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Started out this morning to Mascoutah Lake to check it out . I can honestly say I will never go back . We had no luck .

We desided to take off from there and headed to baldwin . Walked more then half way down the north dam and fished with bluegill heads and cut also used some sonnies and hog ball . We caught a load of little ones but no luck on any big ones .

So we left there and went to Coulterville lake didnt get a bite one .

We left there and headed for Nashville reservoir where right at dark they started biting . We caught a few and the bite was turning on , but after all the driving and walking in the sun we was pretty tired and headed for the house .

Snakes are pretty bad everywhere this year so when your out and about keep an eye for them .

2. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    can't say i'm too fond of snakes....

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    The fishing all around seems pretty hard. I been fishing Baldwin pretty hard lately and not having a whole lot of luck with the big boys. I did catch 8 very large drum in my castnet in one throw at Baldwin spillway. :crazy: That made a mess of my net!

4. USNTWEEK

USNTWEEK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Where is the Baldwin spillway? I have fished the banks a little and have put in my boat a few times so the lake is new to me.

thanks

5. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Its all the way down on the south end in the corner,on the same side as the parking lot.Its were the water comes into the lake from the Kaskaskia river.