Fishing Accidents

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by shotdemducks, Jul 15, 2006.

1. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    What is the worst things that have happen to ya'll while fishing? Myself, I was about 10yrs old went out with my Dad and sister who was 6 at the time. I went behind her to get something and all of the sudden I feel a burning and tugging under my left eye. Turns out she had hooked me about 1/4 inche under my eye and kept trying to cast. Needless to say I DONT go fishing with her or around her if she has a pole. ONCE BITE , TWICE SHY :lol:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The worst thing to happen to me was wrapping my canoe around a bridge column on the Brazos River about 12 miles and two days from the pick-up point. We lost everthing but our lives and my buddies cell phone that he had in a ziplock baggy in his pocket.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Me + SudDawg = Fishing Accident, lost my glasses in the river, lost his on the bank, me in the river multiple times, the list goes on and on. Despite all of this we still enjoy fishing together.

Aaron

TA2D

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Lost my pole, couple weekends ago. Thanks Big Eli, love those Rod holders. LMAO

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

The accidents listed on TA2D post are far to common for us. Now the scariest accident for me was when we were camping near the Little Nemaha River. Of course it was suppose to be nice weather that night, but mother nature had something in store for us. A quite powerful thunderstorm came out of no where, blew our tent down, and of course the river was rising. For the next few hours we waited it out inside the collapsed tent, soaked and freezing. Eventually our other friend's parents came out to pick us up. Tell you what, that was pretty scary for a 15 year old.

SudDawg

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We thought that we were gonna die! Ain't nobody ever gonna see me move that fast again!!!

Aaron

TA2D

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

To this day, I don't know how we climbed up that muddy river bank in approximately 3 seconds to climb in the truck to get the heck out of Dodge.
    Remember the disaster area when we went back the next morning.

Suds

8. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    At least my wallet was still there!

Aaron

TA2D

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I got the anchor rope into the prop on the outboard below Toadsuck Dam. I never did figure out how. Anyway as it turned out I was able to get out on a ledge on the lock wall and cut it out. That was pretty scary but it turned out okay.

ST

10. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I was once panfishing with ultralite gear 4lb test line. I cast out and the line stayed in the air about 5ft off the water. the static electricity from a thunder storm. I got off the lake in ahurry and out of the aluminum boat.