fishing 6-16-09

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Jun 16, 2009.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Ok, we got a break from the rain for awhile is anyone going out this evening?

2. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    willie wish i could
    trader my boat in for a new boat
    won't be ready for a month
    No fishing. just been casting from my porch

Dry line catches no fish :sad2::sad2::sad2:

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    so how did you do willie?

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I didnt get out... stuck around the house and helped the kids fix their bikes and put down a couple beers... thinking hard about going tonight before the rain starts back up... P.S. first drop im outta there....LMAO

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO

How many beers did your kids put down? :crazy:

6. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    lol....thats probably a good idea. i would be going out tonight myself, but if okie needs a partner and dosent mind the fact he has never met me, i might fish in that tourney with him. i will need to spend all the time i can with the girlfriend so i can pull that one off.
    isnt that the same tourney your in this weekend? so if i do go ill be fishing against my own bait.....lol

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    LMAO... That is correct my friend.... Im not the one you gotta worry about.. Its gonna be some big wigs at this tourney... I hear Jason, John,Bill and even the vet Skip is gonna be there:wink::smile2::eek:oooh:.... man this is gonna be some event hope you can make it.. Jk guys u all are big wigs to me.... heck each and everyone of your boats go over 15MPH lmao

8. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    even if i dont end up fishing with him, im still thinking about heading down there to check out the wiegh in. it should be good fun to see what the results will be. do you know what time that will be at?

9. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    looks like okie has himself a partner, and i hope they both have a good time and do well.
    i am still thinking of headin down there to see the results. theres a restaraunt down that way that my girlfriend loves, so i might be able to piggyback stoppin by the tourney on taking her out to that restaraunt.

10. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Weigh-In starts at 3 pm

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    HEADLINE..... FLOAT TRIP LOST A PIG AT THE BANK

Im not the one for fish stories, but this one must be told....
    The other day I got some skipjacks from Brandon (thks bro)... For two days I've been dying to use some.. So I run down to a nice spot on the river.. There was so much trash I only put out one pole thinking I'll save money from the dreaded hang ups there.. Rushing to get down there I ran off and left my three way rigs at home... So what I do? I took a single rig tied the weight on the bottom and tied the leader on top with the main line... Anyways.. i sat there for about half a hr r so.. and my bell rings a little, then a little more... then outta no where my three piece surf rod bends down so far u can hear the butt of it cracking in the rod holder.. my heart skip a few beats by now.. not to mention the drag this thing was strippin.. man, I finally get my pole outta the holder and felt the weight of this beast... It was a tug-a-war for about 10min then it got hung up (so i thought) So i go to break the line... I took five or six steps back it didnt break.. Did it again.. it didnt break... now im thinking i hooked up on a banch..(again so i thought) next thing i knew the fight was on again.. this time the beast was about 15yds out when he splashed the first time i thought theres no way im gonna land this fish... I got him a little closer then that funny leader thing i was talkin about earlier.... yep you guess it snapped louder then my 22....lmao im still laughing about it to keep from crying... I did get a good look at him...he had to be well over 60+... then I sit there for while pissed.. then called shawn with the bad news... well gang theres my fish story and im sticking to it...

O, please believe i will be back down there tonight.... prob the rest of the month.. Im gonna call that fish martha... one day i'll have a pic of her..

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I know your pain brother Willie. But it had to be a blast while it lasted and it is good to know there is still one in there workin its way up to the world record

13. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Willie too bad you lost that chub cat. I've had it happen to me 2x's so far this season. What did ya mean about "funny leader thing" anyway?:confused2:

14. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Don't feel bad willie. One time a couple of years ago I fought a monster for a half hour before he finally got hung up on something and i lost him.

15. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I don't know why you even want to bother getting the boat fixed Willie. As well as you do from the bank, I think that would be an unfair advantage for the catfish. :wink:

16. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    are you calling it martha because it was a real martha f*cker.....lol
    i told you , those are my lucky skips, you gotta make sure your boots are tied real tight when that bait is on.
    where were you anyway?

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    About a half a mile north of where we was that night... When you go thru the gate instead of going right i went left.. (hint) power wires :wink:

18. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Im gonna try an go back today after work.... Prob have the kids so i'll have to get some worms.... I kno, I kno... but they dont understand your not gonna catch catfish like the bass guys on tv... so they just sit there and rip the drums and channels a new backside while i hunt for Mr. Blue and Grandpa Flathead

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Jerry you wanta hang out tonight... maybe i can get you off that list quicker then you think

20. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Every time I hang with you Brother, it ends up costing me money!!!
    just kiddin--Grump and I are going out this evening-but thanks for the offer, how bout a rain check?