Fishing 11-14-09

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ramon06, Nov 15, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Went out yesterday morning and caught about 10 gills headede to Dutch Gap. Water was too high, dock was still right under the water and it was trash everywhere. Went to Osborne and same thing. their dock was completely covered and the little road to the dock you can fish off of was covered so I just packed up and went home. About 2 I went to the little local lake at my apartments and fished till 3:30. I got a 8LB Blue on a gill and caught a Pickerel on eel chunk :crazy: guess they hate/like them too. Well there are eels in this lake too so I guess its natural forage. anyhow heres a couple pics

Attached Files:

2. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    and heres the pickerel

Attached Files:

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    wow, you have blue's and norther in you apartment complex!!!:crazy:

4. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, we have blues (thanks to me), channels, flatheads (thanks to me), largemouth, small mouth (I hear), perch, all kinds of bluegills & sunfish, crappie, pickerel, eel, common & grass carp, brown & black bullheads, turtles and alligator snapping turtles. I havent seen anything else. But thats enough

5. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    How big is this little apartment lake?

6. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    eww im not good with identifying size uh I guess 1 block long or 2 football fields and about 50 yds wide, its 5-8 ft at its deepest. I'll find out for sure tomorrow

7. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sweet sounds like you got her stocked up good. Nice catches out of such a small lake/pond or whatever it is. Good work!:big_smile:

8. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Checked with management and its 22.3 acres :crazy: I was totally unaware that it was that big. Guess I suck with that kinda thing. Not all of it is fishable as more than half of it is on personal property(homes). There's our apartment side and across are homes. It appears to look more appealing as fishing goes on our side.