fishinf last night

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Tunnel Rat, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    ron and i went out found many, many shad lost one cat that bent my river pole in two, cats slow but stll on delaware. found shad when small duck started catching them.no wind cats on delaware at bends in river. some unsportsman person shot a pelican. body near sharelione. guess they dont know pelican from duck. wast of a beatiful bird, shame on that hunter. remember, fishing isnt a right its a pasion for the sport. Semoer Fi

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    great job there tunnel rat,and glad to hear that you had a good one on,that always is better than nothing. Too bad about the pelican,I would say it wasn't a hunter that did it,just some moron poacher with nothing else to shoot at. Did ya get some shad put away for winter? they'll come in real handy in the spring.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sounds like you had a pretty good time out there. To bad ya lost a nice size fish. There is always next time now where have I heard that before oh everytime I go out.

4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I hope the shad are easy to find next weekend at Milford so I can have some fresh and have more to put away for winter and next spring. Glad to hear the fish are still biting, maybe slow but at least its something.

5. leatherpuke

leatherpuke New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm going to milford tomorrow to teach myself how to throw a cast net:eek:oooh:. I'll post if I find any shad.

Last weekend we had no problem finding them.

6. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    There are over a million ways to throw a cast net because there are over a million fisherman. Learn a few of them and then there will be 1,001 way.

Oct. 15 the shad seem to be looking for warmer water. Don't know for sure. There still surfacing and schooling on the Delaware.

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Hey Bennet if you haven't got it down by next weekend I'm sure we can all help you out.