fishin yuma

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by medford, Jul 19, 2009.

1. medford

medford Member

State:
    pleasant h
    any body fish the yuma area i have relatives there that i visit tryed the canals but not much luck

2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Steve,
    The California and Arizona combo of BOC members knowing the Colorado river and canal systems are here. You may want to check the Caifornia threads for more info.

3. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I'm in Yuma and am an avid catfisherman. Not sure where they fish or what time of year but now is a good time to be fishin. Have heard some good reports lately as fish are active now. The Az fish and game website is a good starting place to find productive places and techniques to catch some fish. Hope this helps. Tight lines.

:cool2:

4. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Actually I'm in Blythe Ca and were having the opposite. The fish are hiding and waiting for August. Check with catrat he has been hitting that area a bit I think. August and September are our killer months. There are people here that fish that area so keep looking.

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i live in yuma also, but haven't been going out cause of the heat. (my old body just doesn't like anymore). don't fish the canals much, but do fish the river a lot.
    gary

6. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I stick to the bigger canals without cement lining on the sides or bottom, have some success this way. If the cats are not biting get some bluegills.

7. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    The all american canal near Winterhaven has produced for me on the flatheads and channels using bluegills.Around the Quechan Indian res.Good luck,in the evenings the donkeys /burrows come out and hollar.

8. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    I try to get down to yuma for opening day of dove season. we usually fish in the evening of that all american canal. I only caught channel out of there though, but this year I will be looking for the flats!!:big_smile: