Fishin with TopSgtLawrence

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Little Mac, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Top and I went out last night on the arkansas river out of piney bay, We did pretty good neither one of us got skunked, believe we caught 6 a peice on R&R. Fresh skip bait of choice, I think Top tried some shad but no bites. I believe 7lbs was biggest caught, none under 3. about 11pm we got absolutely swarmed by Mayfly's Covered us and blackend the boat, millions floatin on the water and the cats were skimmin the top with their mouths open. Didnt see any really big ones all under 10 from what I could see. would have been a good time to have bobbers on for sure. One misshap, I slapped my glasses of my head and they went in the river, so I guess from losin a pole last trip and my glasses this trip there should be a blind cat down there able to see how to fish with that rod and reel :smile2::smile2: Top almost lost a rod and reel but the boat caught it before it went in. We had a good time for sure, action wasnt that slow, clickers screamin till midnight we came on in. River was rough though lot of rollin chop. rough ride . it never fails to amaze me at how much stuff i end up losing every single trip, This trip was expensive though Eye glasses aint cheap. :crazy:

2. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    Sorry to hear about your Glasses(That sucks):angry:

3. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good trip. I can relate to the losing of the glasses, happened to me about a year ago.

4. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Sounds like you guys had a good time , except for the glasses. Sorry to hear about the glasses, that happened to a friend fishing with me last year. I went out and purchased those deals you put on your glasses to keep from losing them, mine now they just fall down around my neck. Thanks for the report.

5. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Sounded like a real good trip Thanks for the report:big_smile:

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mac and I went to Piny Last night, Had a good time fishing, Fresh Skips were the bait of choice and Mayflies, the mayflies took us over we had to move from that spot due to the many flies but did not hurt the bite any, we still had some screaming reels, Oh the sound of a clicking reel make goose bumps pop up all over me. We managed to catch 12, 6 each, all released back to the river. We fished deep water and the edge of a flat, all areas produced fish, the flat that we fished, I call Mac's flat because he had a fish to break his line from that flat a few years back. All and All we had a great time caught some fish, talked alot, just great to fish with a fellow B.O.C. member.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Glad ya'll were able to get together and get our and have a good time.

Mac... I always wear a strap on my glasses to make sure I don't loose them... If I was to lose my glasses I would be completely blind without them. Those straps are a good cheap investment to keep from having another large expense.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    glad yall had a good time and cought some fish.wish i had more time id like to come fish with yall some time.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Top, this when you left the hand rag in the wife's car? LOL. Boy, those women sure do get particular.

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Cane in Late ,had bed on my mind left the towel on the Passenger seat

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sorry to hear about your glasses. However, sounded lil a good report. Thanks for sharing.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Guys thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Sounds like the trip was a success. Lesson learned on the glasses. Keep the good trip news coming.

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Top you just ask for it dont ya :smile2::smile2: She aint gonna let ya go fishin with me anymore. Yea, Kevin, I picked up one of those things to hold glasses as I ordered a new pair today, Travel home last night was sorta blurry, but made it ok.

14. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Top an I had a spur of the moment fishin trip, I was glad he got to go with me. We managed 7 fish I believe, Top, topped me by one and he also got the biggest at around 5lbs or so. We had some good clicker screamin, had a good time. River was rough though, I almost put Top thru the floor of the boat skippin a wave , just when you think you get those waves timed right, there is one or two that dont wanna follow the rules :smile2: Broke the lawn chair, I just hope it didnt break Top. it was a hard hit. Im sorry Top, It really surprised me also. Top took some pics, maybe he will post some.

15. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas

That is funny ((LMBO)) you gonna make ""Top"" buy you another Lawn Chair (:)smile2::smile2::smile2:))

<:(((((((><

16. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Poor ole Top is probably sore as heck this morning from that crash. :eek:oooh::sad2:

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Well Mac and I did it again last night, this was a spur of the moment trip, I think we ended up with seven caught, the biggest caught was five pounds according to Mac's scales, few three and four pounders caught. Thanks for Good friends, especially B.O.C. friends. Mac you the best.

Attached Files:

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Here are some more from Last night 6 Aug 2009.

Attached Files:

19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    way to go guys at least some ones catching some thing.

20. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    No Cliff, heck it was a freeby to me long ago. I am gonna buy a better, more sturdy one thats for sure. There is only one seat in my boat and its for me as Im usually alone. I use the lawn chair alot myself up in the front of the boat. Just always worked out good for me. It more comfortable riding too, long as you arent slammin waves :smile2: